Rented the single queen bed sized room, plenty of space for a couple. Most rooms are located at the rear of the historic section in a modern addition. Nicely appointed bedroom, well maintained and provided with normal amenities, but no fridge. Public rooms are in the main section of original historic house and are lovely. They've retained many of the original moldings and carved paneling. Stylish bar area at the back of first floor has seating set up in small groupings; there's a garden room with tables for breakfast. The cosy oak-paneled dining room has a fireplace, also used for breakfast (which is included in room rate).
Staff was very friendly and helpful, loaned us a wine bottle opener, provided driving directions.
Only complaint was that breakfast could have been improved...oatmeal was over cooked and seemed like wallpaper paste, omelettes tasted too much of margarine, not of eggs and cheese as labeled.
Located a stone's throw from the Botanical Garden and Art Museum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer. The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Glidden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Cleveland, Ohio