Guggisberg Swiss Inn
Zinck's Inn(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$124
The Wallhouse Hotel(Walnut Creek)(Great Value!)
US$134
Groupon.com
Carlisle Inn(Walnut Creek)
US$148
US$137
Berlin Grande Hotel(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$146
Hotel Millersburg(Millersburg)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
US$126
All reviewsamish countryduck pondwonderful hot breakfastholmes countytwo sinkshorse stableswe've stayedlobby areamain lobbyroom was very clean and comfortablerolling hillscinnamon rollspropertycornwineryohiotile
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I was shocked to see our room on July 10th, 2017. The architecture of the building is wonderful, the winery was great, the surroundings were beautiful, the lobby was outstanding. The guest room was atrocious. The towels had holes the size of half dollars, the bath mat was stained, the mattresses were broken down and old. When I complained at the desk I was told all rooms are alike and I could not leave. I trusted the reviews I read when I booked the room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie P
Julia G, General Manager at Guggisberg Swiss Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for the review, however, I don't understand it. I was waiting for your review to come through and you promised a bad one. First of all, the room that you were in is the room that everyone requests. Everyone loves the room. You checked in closer to noon and came in to complain around 8:30 that evening, demanding your money back. According to the staff that I spoke with, you left for a little while and then spent the rest of the day at the Inn in your room and on the property. I personally checked the room to find out what could have upset you so much. The room was fine. I found no holes in the linens or problems with the mattresses in the room. I am glad that you liked the building, winery, lobby and surroundings. The reviews that you read were written by people that enjoyed our Inn. I wish we could have pleased you as well.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

You feel like family from the time you arrive. Such a peaceful Inn to unwind at. From the horses on property to all the ducks at their pond. We have stayed every time during our trips to Amish country. Its family run, and you feel like your staying with family during your stay. Great hospitatility and worth enjoying your special get away with them. Not to mention they cook a very good hot breakfast every morning Overlooking their private pond!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Julia G, General Manager at Guggisberg Swiss Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Not once did we see "free roaming horses..." Walls were paper thin and we heard people talking and snoring and showering at all hours of the night. Room was mediocre, mostly clean. Wine tasting is not free, .25c, .50c a pop... [With the amount of money you are paying, you would think it would be free..] It was located on a beautiful property... However, with the amount of money you are paying, a Holiday Inn might suffice. The only good thing I can think of is they had a pretty decent breakfast- but wake up early and grab a table because there is limited seating.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Julia G, General Manager at Guggisberg Swiss Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your stay was not pleasing to you. When the grounds are wet or it has recently rained, we are unable to let the horses out. The beginning of May was extremely wet.
Ohio Law requires us to charge for tastings. We were instructed to post this on the wall at the tasting area.
We are pleased however, that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the rooms were clean.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We came for a little get away before Christmas week. The inn and property is beautiful. They have snacks (including their guggisbergs cheese) in the evening. You can buy a glass or bottle of their wine too. In the morning they serve a hot breakfast which is also delicious. The wine is delicious and the employers are wonderful. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite which has windows in both the front and back looking over the properties. I recommend this property. It is close to everything you want to see in the Amish country.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

You will find it very pleasing in every way. The location is as quiet as can be, the rooms are always clean and comfortable, the breakfast room is beautiful place to be with a nice view and wonderful hot breakfast. We've stayed there many times over the years and always enjoy it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family