“something good is going on here”

Augie's Pizza & Ribs
Ranked #16 of 64 Restaurants in Chagrin Falls
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 10 December 2015

I have been a resident and customer of this shop for over 30 years, and while my kids and I always enjoyed the pizza, something really good happened here recently. I wasn't in the mood for pizza, so I ordered a dinner salad and a half rack of ribs. Now, I have had the ribs here before, and they had been OK, not great, not bad. The ribs I got tonight were unbelievable! Perfectly tender, sauced well but not drowned, hot, and meaty as all get-out. The salad was the same as it always has been - generous, predictable, fresh. This shop has had its ups and downs, mostly ups, over the years, but I have never had a bad experience here. The staff is always swift, courteous, and friendly. They upgraded their interior, and now it is a nice dine-in place with comfortable-looking tables and chairs and a fireplace. I haven't taken advantage of that - but I think I will. Try Augie's soon. Based on 30 years of dining there, my view is that they have their game on today. A great local independent pizzeria and restaurant. I urge people to support them - they will benefit, and so will you.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

We have been eating at all these for 25 years. I guess that says something! They have recently done some nice renovations here yeah but the deliciousness remains the same.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

they have the best pizza in the area. we have been eating augie's for years and they use fresh ingredients and their crust is always flaky and moist.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

We have gone to Augie's for about 20 years. About 5 years ago it seemed to be slipping a bit and we stayed away for a while. In the past year, the younger generation has taken over, remodeled, expanded the menu while keeping the same great pizza we love. I haven't tried the new menu items, but they look terrific. The service is good, the decor is nice, families are welcome, but with the upscale dishes I think Augie's will be a date night destination as well. We eat here regularly.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Our pizza was delicious! We ordered the "regular" and it came full of pepperoni and cheese!
The dining room was nicely decorated, modern.