“Good food but overpriced”

Violante's Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 64 Restaurants in Chagrin Falls
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We had the ravioli lasagna with extra meat balls and the chicken parmesan. The food was good. The sauce was very watery and in need of spice and body. The bread was awesome! The service was not very personable. The atmosphere in the restaurant was in need of an improvement. It felt like we were in an overpriced pizza shop. The food was very overpriced and sold almost alla cart.. They had up charged us for almost everything we ordered, even the pasta. There are way too many good Italian eateries in Cleveland to go to before I would ever come back here. I don't know if the owners think because they are in an upscale neighborhood they can charge the prices they do but the quality does NOT match the price.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

The wife and I ate here last week. Food was delicious! Huge portions. The veal parmigiana is a must. Calamari was good. It felt like we were in little Italy. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I ate at this restaurant and it was horrible. First off, the service was terrible. After waiting forever, I had to go into the kitchen to get the server that was sitting and talking to get our boxes and check. The prices in the menu are not what your bill will reflect. They overcharge you for everything. I was stunned. Nor did they tell you about the increases. The food is below average. Save your money.

1  Thank southerngirlatheart
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Everyone knows of a place that deserves all the attention in the world, but you really want to keep it secret for fear of difficulty getting in. Violante's is just such a place. The wife and I have dined there several times in groups of four to six. My proud, cooking Italian wife says their sauce rivals any she's ever had. They're food is consistently good (no matter what you seem to order), servings are generous, and prices are very fair. We love this family-style place.

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Food was ok. Wait staff and management were VERY rude. Dont waste your time here, go to Burntwood Tavern next door instead.