All reviews hotel restaurant great hotel olive garden living room full service movie theaters walking distance comfortable king front desk staff easy chair room was clean sitting area visiting family sized bed keurig coffee maker up to date parking lot
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Check in swift and efficient. Rooms very quiet. Hotel located close to nearby Interstate and other highways. Numerous eating establishments within 1 mile and shopping facilities also. Hotel clean and modern with a lounge that was totally packed the Saturday night of our arrival. happening place to be. Did not try any food options.

Room Tip: Upper floors more apt to be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The location of this Holiday Inn was centrally located to the reception hall and the wedding venue as well as to our family living in Youngstown. The room was clean and quite up-to-date with the housekeeping staff doing a great job daily. Room service was excellent having to wait for the meal no longer then 15 minutes and the meals in the hotel restaurant were of good quality. The front desk staff were very professional and met our every need. The only flaw in our stay was that on the last night the thermostat in our room was functioning properly but didn't effect our comfort or our sleep. Highly recommend this hotel for any stay or function.

Room Tip: fifth floor suite is one of the best suites i've ever seen
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Second time here and enjoyed just as much as my first time. It’s almost too pleasant. Lobby, personnel and room excellent especially the restaurant/bar. Only one downside. The smoking area should be on the opposite side with the prevailing wind. I’m a smoker and when you enter between the automated doors it reeks of smoke. I’m as you know a smoker and I don’t like it.

I stay 200+ nights a year in 130 mid range hotels. The purpose of the reviews are mostly for the patrons. Hopefully this will allow owners/management to improve their hotel and staff.

Nights stayed-1
Will I stay again:
Possibly

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We had to come up from Florida for our granddaughters 1st communion. We have family all over the area. Upon arrival the staff was warm and welcoming and the lobby and social spaces were decorated nicely and spotless. Our room was modern and spacious, great hot running water and very clean. Pool areas were clean and in great shape. We would recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I came here four years ago and this trip has been less than expected. I paid full price while others paid less than. The elevators are slow and on top of that kids pressed all the buttons to make the wait longer and elevators stopped at each floor. The pool and jacuzzi was packed so I couldn’t use it. There was a drunk individual in the parking lot during St Patrick’s weekend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mzdpendent
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi mzdpendent,

Thanks for choosing us for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted you again. I'm sorry that this time, our accommodations and facilities fell below your expectations. The inconvenience caused by the condition of our elevator and other guests are certainly not what we'd want to hear. I appreciate your feedback and will share this with the management to help identify areas that need improvement.

I hope we get to welcome you back for a chance to make your next stay better than the last.

Kind regards,