All reviewshotel restaurantgreat hotelolive gardenliving roomfull servicemovie theaterscomfortable kingfront desk staffeasy chairroom was cleansitting areawhile visiting relativessized bedkeurig coffee makerup to dateparking lotwould stay again
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel would be considered one of the nicest hotels in this area. Has restaurant & bar & many meeting or event rooms on site. However there were some areas I was disappointed with. They offered a breakfast option but it is actually a $10 voucher for their restaurant. If you don’t drink coffee you can eat with the voucher value. The room had a loveseat sofa which was nice & decor throughout very pleasant. The sink area is configured in an unusual way that I felt made the area a little dark & cramped. They could help this with a makeup lighted mirror? Rooms were clean and staff was efficient. Also Longhorns & Olive Garden are adjacent to hotel. I have had better hotel experiences in this area for less$$ it really depends on you personal priorities.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This is a clean hotel. Nicely designed. The only real problem I have is that it is 11 pm and I can't go to sleep because the walls are so thin that I hear everything around me. Above, below and in the hallway. People are not loud, just too thin of walls!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed four nights at a wonderful Holiday Inn during a recent visit to Youngstown, Ohio. It was very conveniently located to many restaurants, clean, with an excellent staff and room service. They had morning complementary fresh coffee and the USA Today newspaper every morning. The only disappointment was the absence of a free breakfast since they were a "full service" facility. Other than that we were very satisfied with the hotel, the service and its location in Youngstown.

Room Tip: Clean, location,and service
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInnBoardman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Excellent guest experience is something our team takes pride in and I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your business and hopefully we'll see you on a return trip!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We stayed for three nights total while visiting relatives in mid July and needed a central place to stay. I cannot recall now if this hotel is 15 years old or 20, but you would never know it from the interior or the rooms. Place is still in very good shape after so many years.

We stayed 2 nights,, then a side trip to Kennywood amusement park, then one more night before flying home. My only complaint is that that our last night was room 222 (anyone remember that TV show?) and the view out the window is of the weeds growing on top of the front entranceway! By contrast, the view we had the first two nights from the 4th floor was of the sunset to the southwest!

The key here for families is a great indoor pool, very clean, well maintained and plenty of room for the kids to swim and the adults to relax and enjoy. It's covered too although they opened the windows when we were visiting because it was warm (for the locals that is)

the staff are farily young folks for the most part but very upbeat and positive and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: higher floors have a nicer view of this fast growing, and fast developing area.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I enjoyed a 4-night stay here as it was the HQ hotel for a conference I was attending in Youngstown. When booking through IHG, our convention rate was the same for every type/style of room, so I opted for a suite. Hey, why not? Entering my suite, I was happily surprised to see it actually was a multi-room suite - not just a large room with a partial wall partition separating a sofa and coffee table sitting area as is often the case.

My living room had two large arm chairs (modern in design with unmatched arm heights), a sofa, a huge chaise lounge, a coffee table on whose surface you could have played half-court basketball and a HUGE wall-mounted flat screen TV. Additionally, there was a kitchen area with full refrigerator/freezer, a small sink, a microwave and a built-in counter with four high chairs. There were ample cabinets and drawers but they were totally empty - rather a cruel hoax I thought. Moreover, there was only one floor lamp for the entire living room space and two dimly lit hanging lamps over the counter. In other words, lighting was totally inadequate for any serious computer work -- plus I hate sitting on those high stools. Is it expected that guests in these quarters will do nothing but luxuriate on the chaise lounge while eating chocolates, nursing bunches of grapes, and deciding the fates of gladiators?

The large separate bedroom had a second TV atop a commodious dresser. Again, there was no desk to do any computer work. There was a comfortable easy chair, a luxuriously comfortable king-sized bed with a strikingly lit headboard flanked not only by wall sconces but smaller goose-neck reading lamps (the kind often found in business and first class airline seats). There was a large closet and what I thought was the sink and huge mirror as a adjunct to the rest of the bathroom. But then I walked into the separate bathroom where there was ANOTHER full sink, counter, and mirror plus a huge walk-in shower which could have accommodated a frat toga party. Thick towels, hand cloths, etc. were abundant. The entire suite was adorned with handsome mostly unframed abstract art in a variety of sizes. Housekeeping was timely, efficient, and incredibly friendly when I encountered my rotating team of maids.

The front desk personnel were very friendly (well, my first key card didn't work but that correction was made with lots of apologetic bowing and scraping). T.J.'s, the on-site restaurant is actually very good -- better than expected, in fact. And the wait staff absolutely kills you with kindness. They were marvelous. Our conference group also had a breakfast buffet in other quarters as part of our rate and it, too, was far above average. However, South Street and Poland-Boardman Rd. (Rt. 224) are crammed with mainly fast and fast casual eating options to say nothing of almost limitless shopping opportunities. There is a multiplex cinema complex directly behind the hotel and, miracle or miracles, there was a branch of my New England-based bank just across the street. Aside from the mysterious absence of a decent work space in my suite and the very slow elevators (hydraulic rather than cable operated according to the elevator inspector I encountered on my last ride down), this was definitely a treat for a retired geezer like me! There's a large indoor pool, a smaller work-out space, and abundant convenient parking. Access to I-680 getting you to downtown Youngstown (10-12 mins. with no traffic) and the Ohio Turnpike towards Pittsburgh is just blocks away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
HolidayInnBoardman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Our suites are the largest in the area so thank you for taking the time to share your experience! An excellent guest experience is something our team takes pride in, so I'm pleased to hear we've exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again during your next trip to the Youngstown-Boardman area!