Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Boardman
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed four nights at a wonderful Holiday Inn during a recent visit to Youngstown, Ohio. It was very conveniently located to many restaurants, clean, with an excellent staff and room service. They had morning complementary fresh coffee and the USA Today newspaper every morning. The only disappointment was the absence of a free breakfast since they were a "full service" facility. Other than that we were very satisfied with the hotel, the service and its location in Youngstown.

Room Tip: Clean, location,and service
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInnBoardman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Excellent guest experience is something our team takes pride in and I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your business and hopefully we'll see you on a return trip!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We stayed for three nights total while visiting relatives in mid July and needed a central place to stay. I cannot recall now if this hotel is 15 years old or 20, but you would never know it from the interior or the rooms. Place is still in very good shape after so many years.

We stayed 2 nights,, then a side trip to Kennywood amusement park, then one more night before flying home. My only complaint is that that our last night was room 222 (anyone remember that TV show?) and the view out the window is of the weeds growing on top of the front entranceway! By contrast, the view we had the first two nights from the 4th floor was of the sunset to the southwest!

The key here for families is a great indoor pool, very clean, well maintained and plenty of room for the kids to swim and the adults to relax and enjoy. It's covered too although they opened the windows when we were visiting because it was warm (for the locals that is)

the staff are farily young folks for the most part but very upbeat and positive and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: higher floors have a nicer view of this fast growing, and fast developing area.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I enjoyed a 4-night stay here as it was the HQ hotel for a conference I was attending in Youngstown. When booking through IHG, our convention rate was the same for every type/style of room, so I opted for a suite. Hey, why not? Entering my suite, I was happily surprised to see it actually was a multi-room suite - not just a large room with a partial wall partition separating a sofa and coffee table sitting area as is often the case.

My living room had two large arm chairs (modern in design with unmatched arm heights), a sofa, a huge chaise lounge, a coffee table on whose surface you could have played half-court basketball and a HUGE wall-mounted flat screen TV. Additionally, there was a kitchen area with full refrigerator/freezer, a small sink, a microwave and a built-in counter with four high chairs. There were ample cabinets and drawers but they were totally empty - rather a cruel hoax I thought. Moreover, there was only one floor lamp for the entire living room space and two dimly lit hanging lamps over the counter. In other words, lighting was totally inadequate for any serious computer work -- plus I hate sitting on those high stools. Is it expected that guests in these quarters will do nothing but luxuriate on the chaise lounge while eating chocolates, nursing bunches of grapes, and deciding the fates of gladiators?

The large separate bedroom had a second TV atop a commodious dresser. Again, there was no desk to do any computer work. There was a comfortable easy chair, a luxuriously comfortable king-sized bed with a strikingly lit headboard flanked not only by wall sconces but smaller goose-neck reading lamps (the kind often found in business and first class airline seats). There was a large closet and what I thought was the sink and huge mirror as a adjunct to the rest of the bathroom. But then I walked into the separate bathroom where there was ANOTHER full sink, counter, and mirror plus a huge walk-in shower which could have accommodated a frat toga party. Thick towels, hand cloths, etc. were abundant. The entire suite was adorned with handsome mostly unframed abstract art in a variety of sizes. Housekeeping was timely, efficient, and incredibly friendly when I encountered my rotating team of maids.

The front desk personnel were very friendly (well, my first key card didn't work but that correction was made with lots of apologetic bowing and scraping). T.J.'s, the on-site restaurant is actually very good -- better than expected, in fact. And the wait staff absolutely kills you with kindness. They were marvelous. Our conference group also had a breakfast buffet in other quarters as part of our rate and it, too, was far above average. However, South Street and Poland-Boardman Rd. (Rt. 224) are crammed with mainly fast and fast casual eating options to say nothing of almost limitless shopping opportunities. There is a multiplex cinema complex directly behind the hotel and, miracle or miracles, there was a branch of my New England-based bank just across the street. Aside from the mysterious absence of a decent work space in my suite and the very slow elevators (hydraulic rather than cable operated according to the elevator inspector I encountered on my last ride down), this was definitely a treat for a retired geezer like me! There's a large indoor pool, a smaller work-out space, and abundant convenient parking. Access to I-680 getting you to downtown Youngstown (10-12 mins. with no traffic) and the Ohio Turnpike towards Pittsburgh is just blocks away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
HolidayInnBoardman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Our suites are the largest in the area so thank you for taking the time to share your experience! An excellent guest experience is something our team takes pride in, so I'm pleased to hear we've exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again during your next trip to the Youngstown-Boardman area!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express for thee nights as it was centrally located between all the golf courses we had planned to play at for this year's golf trip. We learned that the hotel had been renovated and the bar and restaurant would also be renovated in the near future. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel in general and also our room, with the comfortable king-sized bed, (although the sheets felt a little scratchy to me) a separate vanity and a modern walk-in shower. The room amenities included a mini refrigerator/freezer, microwave, Keurig coffee maker as well as the other usual hotel room amenities. Surprisingly, next to the elevators and beside the ice and vending machine, we saw a washer and dryer which would be convenient for anyone needing to do their wash!! The hotel had a large pool with a nice hot tub that we used every afternoon, A supply of towels were always stocked by the pool. Each morning, we ate a hearty and most delicious hot breakfast that was prepared to our liking at the hotel's dining room. In the evenings, we enjoyed cocktails at the bar which were ample and reasonably priced. And, not to forget, every hotel staff member we encountered was friendly, helpful, and personable. The Holiday Inn Express is centrally located near many restaurants, shopping centers, movie theaters, and bars. We most certainly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Boardman to anyone visiting this area. We look forward to staying here again next year!

Room Tip: Ask to speak to Kelly for golf packages. Perfect location for golfers!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed there 4 nights. Had other hotel booked but it was too far away from where we stayed .This hotel had room and got us in fast .Friendly service. They are remodeling but no noice or inconvenients from that. Then we only got 3 nights stay and when I checked they were able to book us the last night. Very good service. The in house restaurant was nice and food was good. I normally book my rooms with breakfast included but it worked out for us. Rooms nice and clean. Pool area nice but we had no time to use it. Would stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you for staying and for the detailed review. Hope you stay again and have time for the pool. It is the nicest and largest in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boardman
0.4 km away
Red Roof Inn Boardman
8.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Been to Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South? Share your experiences!