“Wonderful food in nice surroundings”

La Taverna dei Briganti
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Pogerola
Price range: US$23 - US$34
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recipes from the kitchen of the Kingdom of Naples and the Two Siciliescold cuts, cheeses and rusticpasta dishes with homemade meat sauce topped with Neapolitan or Sicilian sauce pork, lacane and chickpeas, soupsgrilled meat and bakedcodvegetableshomemade sweets
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

What a fine restaurant. After some days with a little too much fish, pizza and pasta in Amalfi it was a sheer pleasure to get very tasty and tender grilled meat here. There are also many other fine things on the menu, but the mixed grill we had was wonderful. We spent a couple og fine hours there with smiling staff in a very cozy restaurant high up in the mountains over Amalfi.
Really lots of quality for little money. Don't miss it.

1  Thank pss-peter

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed in Pogerola few nights and one of this we ate at Taverna were we find a rustic and warm atmosphere not a very variat menu but enough to have a great meal and taste a glas of wine with a charming view of Amalfi golf at reasonable prices.When they serve me the beefsteak medium told me that if there is need they'll put itagain on the grill.So after some cuts i asked the lady that served us to grilled a little bit more and was no problem...comunication is all..Thank you .

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I visited La Taverna die Briganti twice during my 5 night stay at the Excelsior hotel in Pogerola and on both occasions the food and service were both superb. The first visit was Sunday 8th October and we were lucky enough to get the last table, the service was prompt and the food was amazing. On the second visit it was much quieter and the food was equally good

I would recommend the Italian meat and cheese starter and the meatballs as a main. That being said we were not disappointed by any of the dishes during our two visits and the value for money was much better than what we had experienced in Amalfi during our stay.

Thanks for two extremely enjoyable meals

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I live in Naples and we visit the Amalfi Coast on a regular basis. I am so sorry that we waited so long to try this one. The service was so friendly and the food was delicious. The waitress was extremely nice and explained the specials to us. We got a free appetizer of bread with olive oil and the most delicious fried ricotta balls that I have ever tasted. I am still dreaming of them. My husband and I got the meatballs and the mixed meat platter and we shared both dished. The meatballs were the best we have ever tasted - very flavorful and so moist. The meat was cooked perfectly and had a great flavor. And the french fries were so addictive. Everything was obviously homemade and cooked to order. It was amazing. We got a discount because we booked online and I have to say that if we had paid full price, the meal still would have been worth what we paid for it. We will most definitely be back.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Cynthia P
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

If I could have rated this restaurant with zero stars, it would have been well deserved! Worst ever. Never experienced a more rude and arrogant service. The poor waitress was nice enough, but the owner/chef was the worst ever! Had meatballs - all of them raw, tried to have them cook it more, but was refused. Sauce was bland, and tasteless. Pasta over cocked. Said this was the best Italian food you could find, what a joke and by far the worst meal I have ever had.
Don't go!

Date of visit: July 2017
6  Thank Trwo
vincenzo d, Proprietario at La Taverna dei Briganti, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

A fake review. This guy never came to our restaurant. I was not there and I asked my staff; no none remembers this guy. Give us a date and time and I'll prove to you that you left the review for the wrong place.