“Good T Bone steak”

La Taverna dei Briganti
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Pogerola
Price range: US$23 - US$34
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recipes from the kitchen of the Kingdom of Naples and the Two Siciliescold cuts, cheeses and rusticpasta dishes with homemade meat sauce topped with Neapolitan or Sicilian sauce pork, lacane and chickpeas, soupsgrilled meat and bakedcodvegetableshomemade sweets
Reviewed 19 March 2016

This restaurant was within walking distance from our accommodation so we tried it. It was a couple of weeks out of season so we didn't expect much ambience as we knew we might be the only diners. The lady who saw us to our table wasn't very welcoming but friendly enough, the guy who was doing the cooking was better and got a roaring fire going (using the inbuilt fan system, not a hair dryer as the 'terrible' review said!). The antipasti board was as good as any alongside some bread and oil, I ordered the entrecote, which was very nice if slightly over-done. My husband had the T Bone and it really was a very good piece of meat beautifully cooked. I wouldn't rush to go back here but really have nothing negative to say about it either. If you're in the Amalfi area and fancy a steak this is a good place to get one.

Date of visit: March 2016
vincenzo d, Proprietario at La Taverna dei Briganti, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

thank you for the nice review. We are the only real steckhouse in Amalfi. The meat is cooked with real charcoals and selected among the best Italian meats. a warm greeting from Amalfi. vicky

Reviewed 21 February 2016

We had one of the best dinners we have ever had on Valentine's Day with our two young daughters. We were there early, the weather was absolutely horrible, and it was the off-season, so it meant that we had the whole restaurant to ourselves the entire meal.

It was dark when we arrived, so I didn't see the outside really, but the inside was very quaint and cosy, while still elegant. The lovely fireplace really added to the cosiness. Vicky (Vicenzo), Nino and Antonio all made us feel like family, and they were especially lovely to our girls.

We had the Briganti antipasti to start, which was absolutely perfect. For mains we had roast chicken, fusili with meat sauce, rib-eye steak and the meatballs. Every single dish was amazing and prepared fresh and to the highest quality, even though it was the off-season when they may only prepare a couple of any one dish a day. However, if I had to pick just one best dish, the meatballs were probably the best we have ever had, anywhere. Never have I tasted meatballs so rich and with such soft, light texture, like little pillows of Italian meat heaven. The fusili with meat sauce would probably get 2nd place. We ended with some fabulous lemon cake and excellent homemade limoncello, as you must in Amalfi!

As far as value is concerned, given the quality of the food and large portions, I think the prices are spot on.

All I can say is that I would give Briganti a 6 rating if there was one on tripadvisor. Go, you won't regret it.

Date of visit: February 2016
2  Thank thetravellerfromtx
vincenzo d, Proprietario at La Taverna dei Briganti, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

thank you for this wonderful review. I'm really very happy that you found well in the tavern. it was a real pleasure to serve you. God bless you. a warm greeting from the Amalfi Coast. vicky

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Amalfi cost is a tricky place, very touristic, therefore with lots of traps. this is NOT the case here. Good food with a reasonable price. It has been said in here, but it is worthing repeating, the second dishes are huge. So, we have an amazing restaurant, with sensational food, nice staff, and a great view, try not to miss it!

2  Thank Fernandocisv
Reviewed 18 December 2015

Great view, awesome food made and served in a warm and caring place. My family and I had a great experience (large and tasty portions of pasta and also meats) for a reasonable price. I sure recommend.

2  Thank Larissa R
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

We had a lovely romantic evening dinner! The atmosphere was homey and beautiful and the food absolutely delicious!! The gnocchi was heaven as was the ricotta filled ravioli. We recommend the restaurant!! Thank you for a fantastic evening!

2  Thank Ofer M