“Can't Go Wrong”

Giovanni's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Giovanni's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Beachwood
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Richmond Road
Reviewed 24 January 2018

For classic Italian excellence there is no better spot in Northeast Ohio. If you are truly looking for a fine dining experience, Giovanni's is at the top of my list. I come here frequently for business dinners, birthdays and celebrations and I've never been disappointed. The bar is lively and a great spot before dinner - or even just for a drink. The restaurant was remodeled a few years ago and looks flawless. I would recommend asking for the back room for the optimal dining experience.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

This is a solid good
service excellent food northern Italian type restaurant in cleveland
Bar food cheaper and less formal than regular restaurant
Seafood pasta veal meatballs veal Parm excellent

Reviewed 25 December 2017

We planned our pre-Christmas celebration on the 23rd as the restaurant was not open on Christmas Eve. This is a five star restaurant but you would never know. We had the special which was a long bone rib eye. All of our food came out cold. The potatoes were bland and the beef was not at all tender.

Even the espresso came out cold.

We were looking for a sweet shiraz and no one seemed to have heard of it nor could they recommend something similar. Most wines seem to be available only by the bottle.

The restaurant was not busy so it wasn't due to overwhelming crowds. Good service but certainly not worth a return trip.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We went here for dinner and had a great experience. I ordered the Lasagna and my wife had the Veal Scallopini. Both were excellent; the lasagna is different and has lamb meat in it - the best I've had in a long time. Drinks (cocktails) reasonable and well made.
Will return again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We took my brother-in-law and his wife to dinner here a week ago (long time getting to this review:). The food was very well prepared - the steak tartare is crazy good, but the highlight of the evening was talking to Pierre, the Mâitre'd.

He is a wonderful gentleman who has been at this restaurant for 40 years. This was his first job in America! I left him a bottle of Sorbara Lambrusco from the hills outside Bologna, his "home town."

A whole lot of fun!

Been to Giovanni's Ristorante? Share your experiences!