DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Residence Inn
US$123
US$135
Home2.com
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood(Beachwood)(Great Value!)
US$109
Hotels.com
All reviewsdouble treecookiesrestaurant staffbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayfamily reunionbusiness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlycleveland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2017

enjoyed our stay and will stay there again had no complaints with any aspect of the hotel. was able to book online easily with no hassle all round great job by all staff. Great area with lots of great places to eat

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve M, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Corey S,

Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay with us, we hope to see you again in th near future!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Good reception with a warm freshly baked cookie. Doubletree/Hilton standard held. Actually attended a private meeting in Solong, Ohio. Booked through PriCceline.com and negotiated good price for the stay. Will definitely stay here again if travel takes me that way.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear JvanF,

Thank you for the great feedback, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I have stayed in this hotel 20 nights in 2017, with my most recent stay in late September. My employer has a special rate so myself and co-workers are often there. Collectively we have enough stories to fill a book!

This hotel is a joke. Being able to secure myself in my room is a minimum requirement. In two rooms now, the connecting door would not secure-- the door deadbolts do not line up with the door jab cutout. Wallpaper is sticky and dirty. Beds are uncomfortable. Hair on the bathroom floor, shower, even ceiling. Bathroom sink cracked, I found hair on three of the "clean" bath towels. Waited 40 minutes for crab cake appetizer at bar before being told they were out. Nothing is good about this place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Steve M, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear kittybob,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was unaware of the problems you experienced and I'm very sorry. I had all doors checked for proper operation and was unable to find any that do not secure properly. Would you be kind enough to contact me directly so that I may address your concerns?

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This was, unfortunately, one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a hotel.

When we arrived late in the evening, our room still wasn't ready. So, we waited in an extremely loud and rowdy lobby. When we were finally checked in and FL given access to our room, we walked into a disaster. Dirty, wet towels on the bathroom floor and empty beer bottles strewn throughout the room. My family and I immediately came back down to the lobby to alert the front desk of the issue. We waited in line, as a number of other visitors shared similar issues and concerns.

When we were finally checked into a second room, we walked in to see the air conditioning unit completely dismantled and spread about the floor. Again, we walked back to the lobby, where we again waited for another room to be prepared for us. After about 2 hours of this back and forth, we were finally checked into a room that was reasonably clean, with only a broken cabinet and mold on the shower curtain the biggest issues.

The first man that I dealt with at the front desk was not at all concerned about the horrible experience that we were having. It took another manager to step up and help us. We were given free passes for breakfast the next day. But, that turned out to be yet another shockingly bad experience. Most of the dishes at our table and at the buffet were dirty. The woman running the omelette station used the tongs from one of the vegetable containers to scrape out the bottom of the pan and remove the burnt eggs and meat stuck there, then proceeded to put the tings back in the vegetable container. Ultimately, we decided to leave and eat elsewhere.

The person who checked us out the next morning was very kind and seemed very concerned about the experience we shared.

I hope that since our visit, they've taken the necessary steps to improve the customer experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Steve M, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear drcortez,

Please accept my apologies for all of the issues that you experienced with your stay. This is certainly not our standard or acceptable. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I checked in online prior but I stopped by the desk to get a keycard. No acknowledgement of status, no water, no cookie, no breakfast coupons. (I had to make a seperate trip down for these later).
The hallway was dirty. Paper fragments, bottle tops, etc on the floor. Dirty wine glass outside my door. This was at 6:00pm.
I mentioned to the desk the condition of the hall and that it needed vacuumed. They said they'd tell housekeeping. I stayed there 4 nights and it was never done. Makes me question their cleaning altogether.
Was told on website that the rooms were renovated. Clearly not since the 90's or early 2000's.
Service in the bar...s l o w. Waitress was on her iPhone emailing/texting while I waited 10 minutes for her to walk over. Slow service was for the course on subsequent nights.
The pantry was like Old Mother Hubbards. Bare and was never restocked.
Woke up the first morning to take a shower. No shampoo. Called to have some brought up. I was told they were all out and maybe would have the next day. I travel every week, never in 10 yrs+ have I had a hotel not have shampoo. Whoever orders supplies clearly does not know how to properly forecast.
In and of themselves these are small annoyances. Taken as a whole, however, they create a less than desirable guest experience.
Location was ideal for my work but I will never use this property again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear KH28,

Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that you were not acknowledged as a Hilton Honors member by the front desk. The fact that you had already checked in on-line may have played a factor in you not receiving your amenities at the desk. I will review the procedures with the Team to ensure these are delivered to the room and prior to arrival in the future.

I also apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. By no means is that typical nor acceptable. Feel free to reach out to me directly so we can discuss further and to give me the opportunity to make it right.