“Worst Doubletree ever visited”

DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We stayed at this hotel for the USA High School Hockey National tournament last week. We did not have a choice. The hotel was assigned w the tournament. This is the WORST doubletree or Hilton property I have ever experienced. We had to call daily to request towels. Housekeeping picked up our dirty towels daily but never replaced them. 4 days we called for towels. The 5th they didn't even clean our room so we had to call for all services. 2 times we had to call for toilet paper because it was not replaced during housekeeping even after we notified them we were out. The temperature in the room would not go below 73 no matter how we tried to adjust so we were forced to open the window nightly.

The breakfast buffet that was included for our teenage hockey players was a joke. Every day they ran out of food, never served fruit or yogurt or waffles, just rubber eggs that the teen boys rejected. We tried room service and were told that they did not have any of the items on the menu from our room. They brought a different menu for us to order from after I ask how do we know what you have? We received our order after 45 min. It was completely wrong and we had to call and request it be removed from our bill.

When I complained to the front desk about the housekeeping, they tried to offer me free cookies as an apology. They give you free cookies anyway. Finally they gave us a one night discount for our troubles. However our complaints did not improve the service For the remainder of our stay.

Also our room did not have a microwave, which it was suppose to have. All of our teammates rooms had microwaves.

Housekeeping started knocking loudly on doors at 8 am to clean and even if you had your do not disturb sign out you could here them up and down the halls banging loudly, which is ironic since they did not clean rooms well.

We will never stay here again for any reason.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Margaret R
Steve M, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Dear Margaret R,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I've addressed the cleanliness issues with our Housekeeping Department and we will re-visit the buffet offerings for future hockey groups. Microwaves are available upon request and I do apologize if we were unable to accommodate your request. I hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.

3216-464-5950

Reviewed 1 April 2017

I am fairly frugal but I like my hotels well above par. Given some of the reviews for this hotel, I felt like I was taking a big risk at first. However, I have stayed here at least seven times since Fall of 2016 and each stay has been wonderful. Pros: - The hotel has upwards of 3.5-star vibes. Great deal for the price you pay. - Every facility (pools, fitness, etc.) is fairly modern and well maintained in my experience, as well as the rooms. Request a room on the fifth floor away from the elevators if you are sensitive to noise. - Late check out (1pm or so) is usually an option of you ask in advance. - I like the fact that the hotel is large because I never deal with tons of people all around me in other rooms. - I love the staff! As long as they are not particularly busy or short staffed, they are always wonderful and so hospitable if you are decent to them. Just remember, you are not paying what you would at The James or The Ritz-Carlton in the heart of Chicago. - I have never had an issue with noise, lack of cleanliness, or anything of that nature. I do full inspections every time. Cons: - Not many cons but a few rooms might have a few chips or small things in the room that are not the most ideal. This has only been an occurrence once for me but I was able to switch rooms immediately. - If you don't request a microwave before you arrive but you still want one, you will probably have to wait. However, the hotel always recommends that you request ahead of time. - There is no DVD player. Not a big con, but keep in mind. My Favorite People: Vanessa in the bar and restaurant is the best person you will have the pleasure of knowing there; she is warm and inviting like a southern aunt. Tiffany at the desk is extremely helpful, patient, and friendly. Duane is a man of few words but he is so kind, patient, and laid back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Maya B,

Thank you for the wonderful and thorough Review of our hotel! I'm very glad that you have had great experiences staying with us and I will make sure that Tiffany, Vanessa and Dwayne are recognized for their efforts.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Staff is very nice. stayed in Room 359. Was very noisy. Walls paper thin, could hear the guest next to me. Toilet in room extra loud when flushed . Could hear my neighbors toilet flushing. Would hear when they took showers . and there was some sort of unit out side my window that hummmmm alllllllllll night. I did not rest well. i guest met guest who stayed on the 6th floor and they said their floor was very quite. But to sum it up , nice hotel . great staff . lots of parking and average breakfast in the Sanctuary Resturant . Note poor lighting in room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear AAAAALL,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, but I'm sorry that you did not get much rest due to your neighbors. The next time you plan on visiting with us, ask for a room at the end of the hallway, they tend to be a little quieter since you don't have rooms on both side of your room.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I recently hosted a conference here and my agreement included lunch and snacks. Anyone who knows Double Tree knows about their delicious cookies but I was pleasantly surprised by the lunches we had over the two day period. It was very fresh, good quality, served hot and much more than I have come to expect at other locations that include lunch in these conferences.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Steve M, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Y4089RMrobertc,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations and hope we have the pleasure of hosting your next conference!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Very nice clean place great pool and breakfast is the bomb!!! parking all the way around to save on walking elevators are in great shape and everything is clean great soft towels beds are smaller than normal double beds however very comfortable

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve M, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Louis M

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.