“Below Their Reputation ”
Review of Slyman's Tavern

Slyman's Tavern
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Beachwood
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for 2 original corn beef sandwich’s. Atmosphere was very good. The food was good with nice portions of corn beef. Our surprise was that we found a broken tooth pick in our sandwich and the server shrugged it off as no big deal. Won’t be going back.

2  Thank gs8483

Reviewed 11 March 2018

First off, the design of this restaurant is very odd. The SUPER open concept makes me uncomfortable since dining out is supposed to be a comfortable experience. I wish they would put a wall up between the main dining area and the hostess stand. However, the back area where we ate was very nice. This place is a good, casual restaurant. I do think that things are overpriced and that the food is mediocre at best. There is nothing special here that would ever make me come back. The only outstanding thing was the people. The staff was so friendly which I appreciate.

1  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We have been to the downtown location and this was more of a tavern. The food was good corned beef excellent. The onion rings had an interesting sauce or mayo sour cream horseradish and dill. Super tasty . The potato pancake were ok. They had no hot tea. Which was strange. It is definitely more if a tavern than downtown. But would recommend and with the new ships going in, in back of the restaurant they should be even busier. Lots of tables and bar seating about 12 tvs to keep you occupied.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I had a nice local beer and a solid club sandwich. No quality complaints. I just think it costed 25% more than it should have...

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We were looking for a place to get a corned beef sandwich. This a great place! Good food, huge sandwich. Service was great. Located just down the street from our hotel.