“Come for the people, nothing else”
Review of Slyman's Tavern

Slyman's Tavern
Ranked #16 of 70 Restaurants in Beachwood
Reviewed 11 March 2018

First off, the design of this restaurant is very odd. The SUPER open concept makes me uncomfortable since dining out is supposed to be a comfortable experience. I wish they would put a wall up between the main dining area and the hostess stand. However, the back area where we ate was very nice. This place is a good, casual restaurant. I do think that things are overpriced and that the food is mediocre at best. There is nothing special here that would ever make me come back. The only outstanding thing was the people. The staff was so friendly which I appreciate.

1  Thank Nicole J

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We have been to the downtown location and this was more of a tavern. The food was good corned beef excellent. The onion rings had an interesting sauce or mayo sour cream horseradish and dill. Super tasty . The potato pancake were ok. They had no hot tea. Which was strange. It is definitely more if a tavern than downtown. But would recommend and with the new ships going in, in back of the restaurant they should be even busier. Lots of tables and bar seating about 12 tvs to keep you occupied.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I had a nice local beer and a solid club sandwich. No quality complaints. I just think it costed 25% more than it should have...

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We were looking for a place to get a corned beef sandwich. This a great place! Good food, huge sandwich. Service was great. Located just down the street from our hotel.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We have been to Slymans before about a year ago and this experience was MUCH different. My family and I came in around 3:00 on 1/27. Host was VERY nice and sat us immediately at her “favorite table”. Our server Brian was very attentive and service was good. We started with onion rings and fried pickles. Their onion rings are the best onion rings we have ever had. My daughter loved them and she doesn’t even like onions! My son ate 90% of the pickles so that should tell you how good they are. Entrees were prompt, plentiful, and delicious as always. My only complaint was the potato salad, it was very bland and had ZERO seasoning! Like not even a spec of salt was in it. We noticed a brunch buffet menu and will be back to try that soon.