All reviews casserole front porch amish country cinnamon rolls rockers berlin buggies guests breakfast retreat sermon
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This place was everything and more than expected. Service was great! The power was off for a short time but back on before it was time for sleep. Snacks in the evening were delicious cupcakes. I had one despite being stuffed from dinner. Breakfast was fantastic! We'll be back for sure!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Paul and Namoi are wonderful host's and provided spiritual refreshment as well. The rooms are so comfortable and the breakfast is just amazing. We had not experienced a three or four course breakfast, it just keeps coming, wow! What a place to rest and relax and the property and surrounding countryside are gorgeous. Thank you Paul and Namoi for being such wonderful hosts.
daveg

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at this comfortable B&B. We loved its location, our room, and most of all the friendly staff of this place. I would love to be able to visit here every year for a getaway weekend; since we live in San Diego, that isn't likely to happen. Many of our fellow guests said that they visit once or twice a year to rest and relax in this retreat.
Location-Very close to Charm, Berlin, and Millersburg. An easy drive to Kidron or Shreve.
Room-Comfy and affordable. Great AC, which my husband appreciated!
Food-Delicious and hearty are two words that come to mind! The Fruit Tart and the Hash Browns (with cheese sauce), the Breakfast casserole (different each day) and Fruit Slush! Everything was fresh, homemade and yummy!
Service-This B&B is family-run, and it is obvious that they take pride in their craft. It is as if you are a guest in their home; they tell you it is fine to raid the fridge for drinks, there are delicious treats each night (fresh baked), and the front porch is full of friendly guests who want to chat as the sun goes down.
Before breakfast each morning, Paul asked each couple to introduce themselves and then gave a short devotional and led us in prayer before we were served. I loved the family-style meal service and the way it all flowed together. I felt like my day started right.
This would be a great place to have a family retreat or a church group conference. I would love to bring my group of friends there for a girls' weekend or a couples' retreat. There are 14 guest rooms of different types, sizes and prices. I didn't see them, but there is a conference room downstairs as well as a meeting room.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for folks traveling with children...there are no TVs and not much Internet connectivity. However, If you want a restful, pleasant retreat, this is your place.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ukphile
Reviewed 30 July 2016

This is a great B&B to sit back, relax, take in the wonderful sights of a farm community. The Breakfast is WONDERFUL. We stayed this last time in Grandma's room and it was so quite and very dark at night so sleep comes very peacefully.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I have stayed here several times and absolutely love it for the quiet, peaceful atmosphere of the whole facility and grounds. There are no televisions on the premises and no phones in the rooms. The inn was built by a Mennonite family and they have their photo albums of the construction to show the progress of the building process. One of the siblings lives on site with his family and they are the primary inn keepers. They are open, loving, and warm hosts. Willing to talk to you if you want or leave you alone. The nature around the inn is just gorgeous. Horses grazing on nearby hills, you can hear cows mooing off in the distance, birds in abundance, squirrels, chipmunks. A huge porch with rockers and loveseats invite you to sit out anytime. Swings and other chairs abound on the grounds, and a cute gazebo is also available to sit and enjoy the scenery. The best thing going is the five course breakfast included in the price. Yes, five courses. It is awesome. You won't have to eat for the rest of the day. Truly, a clean, nice, all around beautiful place to stay.

Room Tip: Every room is unique. Each room is named after someone in the founding family. -
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo