“Peaceful getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baltic
Mel & Mary's Cottages
Reviewed 22 May 2016

I enjoy going to Holmes County Ohio and staying at different B&B. I found Mel & Mary's a wonderful experience. One can enjoy the peaceful surroundings overlooking rolling hills and farmland or sitting by the lake located on the property. These are only a couple of pleasures of Mel & Mary's.
Yes, Mel & Mary's can be enjoyed by adults as well as children. Many people come back every year because they made friends with the owners. The property is well kept as are spotless cabins and lodge.
Get away from the noise and smell of the city and stay at Mel & Mary's where you can enjoy the peace & quiet and fresh country air. You will come back again!

Room Tip: No matter where you stay on the property you have Beautiful views, peaceful surroundings, lake on pr...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DisneyDreamer2013

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We had a good group to stay in the ranch house! It was perfect for what we needed, we did notice some of the bed spreads had been replaced with new which was very nice! Looked fresh, however they need new tvs! We were there over Super bowl Sunday, and the old tvs were crappy. However, the owners are doing some updating around the camp, so hopefully that will be one of them. Overall the ranch house was nice for our group, will probably stay again. 4 stars instead of 5 because the tvs were subpar.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

My friends and I, a total of four of us, stayed in the Oriole cottage for one night (on a Saturday). I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor, and I thought this might be the perfect place to stay. Calling and speaking with Laura was a complete delight. She was extremely pleasant and answered any questions we had. Because we are staying on a Saturday, all I had to do was stop at the office and pick up the envelope with my name on it which had the key and welcome instructions. finding our cottage was simple, and pulling up to it there was plenty of parking space for 3 vehicles. The outside of the cottage was it very nice and clean, and also labeled with the word Oriole. Upon entering the cottage, it was extremely clean and smelled nice. There is a kitchen, living room, and dining room table in an open floor plan. There is a bathroom with a full size bath tub / shower. You will also find 2 bedrooms with a queen size bed in each. Though it is small almost like an efficiency apartment, it was plenty of room and its open. In the kitchen, there is a fully stocked Cupboard with utensils, dinnerware, and pots and pans. You will also find a full size coffee pot and filters, as well as a toaster, a dish drainer, soaps, and dish cloths and towels. There is an apartment size refrigerator with freezer as well as a four burner built-in stove. There is no oven. Moving into the bathroom, there were four full size towels, for wash clothes, one hand towel, extra toilet paper, a bath mat, and a shower mat for inside the shower. You will find soap dispenser on the countertop as well filled with soap. In the main living room there is a fireplace that is ran by the heater, and there's also an AC unit on the wall. This was a very nice place to stay at and I highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed. Walking out onto the porch, you will find a swing that glides, two chairs, a fire pit and you will also see a picnic table along side of the fire pit. This overlooks a huge pond that has free fishing, to paddle boats to use, and you can see the other 3 cabins around the lake. Even though two of the cabins were occupied, I never did hear the neighbors. Behind the cabins are pasture fields and they are filled with cattle. We got to watch and Amish man plow his fields while we were there. So this cottage is in the country, you are not far from the town of Charm and Berlin.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank cweekly
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

I went here for one night with a group of girlfriends. We rented Warbler and Hummingbird cottages. Both were very clean and well stocked for whatever we needed. The views were amazing and the horses and cows behind the cottages were very friendly. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2015

Me and my family usually travel here for evey spring vacation. This year my grandmother Hilda did not book the hotel quick enough and we had to go elsewhere. The house is very quiet and clean. Tango and Cleo are so cute! Lean is very friendly tword my grandmother! The paddel boats are one of my favorite things there.
The dock was lovely. The only thing is that I got a splinter from the wood and almost had to go to the emergency room! Luckily my uncle got it out.
We usually have easter dinner here, and sometimes vist hershburgers farm. The rooms are plentyful. The nice thing about their large outdoors areas is that we can have eater egg hunts.
We love to travel the the Bluebird house, and are hoping to return next year or for thanksgiving this year.

Room Tip: The bluebird house is lovely for large familys
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma K

Been to Mel & Mary's Cottages? Share your experiences!