The Wallhouse Hotel(Walnut Creek)
US$131
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Carlisle Inn(Walnut Creek)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$137
Zinck's Inn(Berlin)
US$124
US$112
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$147
US$125
Comfort Inn Dover(Dover)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$103
Country Inn
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$136
  • Breakfast included
US$69
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2015

Me and my family usually travel here for evey spring vacation. This year my grandmother Hilda did not book the hotel quick enough and we had to go elsewhere. The house is very quiet and clean. Tango and Cleo are so cute! Lean is very friendly tword my grandmother! The paddel boats are one of my favorite things there.
The dock was lovely. The only thing is that I got a splinter from the wood and almost had to go to the emergency room! Luckily my uncle got it out.
We usually have easter dinner here, and sometimes vist hershburgers farm. The rooms are plentyful. The nice thing about their large outdoors areas is that we can have eater egg hunts.
We love to travel the the Bluebird house, and are hoping to return next year or for thanksgiving this year.

Room Tip: The bluebird house is lovely for large familys
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma K
Reviewed 13 November 2014

This is my second time in one of the cottage's. I love it here! The cottage was very clean, w/ delicious smelling sheets & towels & a cozy fireplace. I took a walk through the woods & enjoyed the sound of the wind in the dry corn fields. Sweet Tango, the three legged dog, slept near my van the whole time I was there. If you don't mind not having phone service or wifi, then you just might love these cottages as much as I did. A great place to relax and be still.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gracetroyer
Reviewed 19 October 2014

If you are staying planning on staying at Mel and Mary's think again. The setting is nice but the lodging has not been kept up. Things are run down especially in the suites. During a rain storm the ceiling was leaking in 10 different spots, bedrooms and living room area. The ceiling also had serious water damage. One of the skylights was boarded up. Paint was peeling off of the entry doors. No one should have been staying in this unit. It should have been closed till it was fixed. It is a safety hazard. We were staying here with 3 small children.
The price was outrageous for these conditions.
We have stayed here before but will not be back after this Experience. Highly disappointed! This is so sad because this use to be a very nice place..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cincimom
mmcottages, Owner at Mel & Mary's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Hi and thank you for your comments. We are sorry about the issues you encountered while staying with us in June. We are happy to let you know we've replaced all the roofs this Summer and are in the process of doing/updating the units. Again, we are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and would love another chance to show you our hospitality.

Warm regards,
Leon

Reviewed 13 August 2014

this was our 3rd stay at Mel and Mary's Cottages but the first time in the Warbler cottage. We did love how close we were to the pond and could even fish from the porch as it rained. However, we didn't care too much for the driveway as once you get to the cottage you have to either back out or back in depending on if you are coming and going...no place to turn around unless it's the neighbors driveway. Also the ceiling in our living room was a mess on the wall where the window is. Layers of paint have bubbled and come off hanging there with huge brown wet stains which is about 3 feet in length and when looking closer we noticed the seam of the wall there also had quite a bit of obvious black mold. That was quite unsettling to us for the price you pay. It has a kitchenette which is nice with large fridge and comfortable beds. Tango hung with us on our porch the entire time we were there. He's getting old and it's sad to see him moving slow and you can tell he's in pain now but certainly is a lovable, dear boy. Everyone staying in the cottages and houses were all very nice and friendly. I'd have to think hard about coming back though due to that horrible ceiling above the window. That really needs fixed soon. Nice to have an extra boat with so many kids there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank christianmom03

Good evening and thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We are pleased to say we have taken care of the paint/wall issue and hope you will give us another try.

Warm regards,
Leon

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was looking for something to do with my grandchildren during spring break and knowing they loved the Amish Country, I began looking for cabins in that area. When I came across Mel and Mary's Cottages, I though "wow this would be perfect." The cottages were not too expensive, but they did serve the purpose. The cottage we stayed in was #1 named the Cardinal. It was very clean, with 2 bedrooms with queen size beds and there was a sleeper sofa. The only problem we had was the TV which was satellite and did not work. The first night we had to call Karen the property manager, she fixed it but as soon as we changed the channel, it went out again. Fortunately, we broght a DVD player and some movies. We also brought several electronic gadgets and a hotspot in order to operate them. Unless you have Verizon, you can forget getting any phone signal. Fortunately, there is a phone in the office if you need to make any phone calls.

There are 4 cabins on this property and they all surround a small pond. There were 2 paddle boats and a jungle gym set. The kids loved the boats, I couldn't keep them off the water. They spent 2 days on those paddle boats and my youngest granddaughter loved the jungle jim and the swings.

We were here for 2 nights and they were so peaceful. There was only one other family and they were staying in a suite up the hill. Other than that, there was absolutely no one else around except,the property pet, Tango, a meek and firendly three legged dog . If you have ever been to the Amish Country, you know that the hillside is quite serene even if you have 5 children with you.

I will definitely be returning with the grandchildren.

Room Tip: The Cardinal is the only cottage that sleeps six.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family