“Very peaceful even with children”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baltic
Mel & Mary's Cottages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was looking for something to do with my grandchildren during spring break and knowing they loved the Amish Country, I began looking for cabins in that area. When I came across Mel and Mary's Cottages, I though "wow this would be perfect." The cottages were not too expensive, but they did serve the purpose. The cottage we stayed in was #1 named the Cardinal. It was very clean, with 2 bedrooms with queen size beds and there was a sleeper sofa. The only problem we had was the TV which was satellite and did not work. The first night we had to call Karen the property manager, she fixed it but as soon as we changed the channel, it went out again. Fortunately, we broght a DVD player and some movies. We also brought several electronic gadgets and a hotspot in order to operate them. Unless you have Verizon, you can forget getting any phone signal. Fortunately, there is a phone in the office if you need to make any phone calls.

There are 4 cabins on this property and they all surround a small pond. There were 2 paddle boats and a jungle gym set. The kids loved the boats, I couldn't keep them off the water. They spent 2 days on those paddle boats and my youngest granddaughter loved the jungle jim and the swings.

We were here for 2 nights and they were so peaceful. There was only one other family and they were staying in a suite up the hill. Other than that, there was absolutely no one else around except,the property pet, Tango, a meek and firendly three legged dog . If you have ever been to the Amish Country, you know that the hillside is quite serene even if you have 5 children with you.

I will definitely be returning with the grandchildren.

Room Tip: The Cardinal is the only cottage that sleeps six.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy P

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Anytime I am in Zanesville I have to stay here. The rooms are spacious and afford wonderful views of the surrounding scenery. If you have not had the chance to stay here you are missing the boat. When you get here just ask For Mel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Team Ming S
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Mel and Mary's Cottages were the perfect place to stay for our weekend away. So clean, beautiful surroundings, private and very peaceful. The owner's were so kind and accommodating. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

You will not be disappointed staying at Mel and Mary's cottages. Our family has stayed here many times. Absolutely beautiful! We have stayed in the cottages and the suites! No matter where you stay you will not be disappointed! The owners are fantastic adding even more to your stay as you feel comfortable and at home on the property! The playground, the paddleboats, the basketball hoop, the trail,the pond, the beauty,the firepits for a nightly fire, the farmland, the serenity. Why would you need anything else?? We have 4 children and they absolutely love it!!! Book a stay you will not be disappointed here! We never are!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank familyblessingsOhio
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Some girlfriends and I stayed in the ranch house they have while visiting Amish Country. The owners couldn't have been any nicer and the house couldn't have been any nicer. 3 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, dining room, huge kitchen. Location is amidst rolling hills. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank tammikett

Been to Mel & Mary's Cottages? Share your experiences!