“High tea at Antiquteas.”
Review of Antiquteas - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Antiquteas
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It was a joy to visit antiqutea in Hahndorf , the decor and the exquisite English china made the experiance truly lovely, the sandwiches were tasty, the desserts were delicious, and the scones were light and fluffy , overall the food was superb. Having had high tea at the Windsor Hotel in Melbourne , this place in Hahndorf wins hands down with food, value and ambience. Sylvia and Bill April 2012.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

As a professional tea blender and High Tea lover, I get to as many High Teas as possible. I tend to email in advance to find out whether the tea is up to scratch.
Too often, tea is secondary to the event.

On this occasion, the owner sent a message via facebook and actually asked what we would like.
We replied back and forth and I was happy with what was available.
I need to declare at this point that since we attended, this venue has started offering our teas. (I held back from posting this until that was set in place. Trip Advisor does not allow reviews if there is a commercial relationship, and whilst I'm declaring it now, the visit predates the arrangement.)

With regard to the food, we found it sensational. The best curried egg sandwich ever - salty and delicious. Mini-eclairs we fought over. The mini-banoffi was scrumptious.
The decor is delightful; the service was fantastic and the ambience unmatched. We really like this place.

Most of the High Teas of this type in Adelaide are $40-70 and not as good. But unless you enjoy a slow feast with good company, A high tea is not for you.

And the teas? Well, for reasons detailed above, I'd best leave that to others to judge.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Went there by using the voucher from scoopon.. $44 for 2. Very disappointed with the quality and quantity of food. Service was abit slow, savoury was very simple nothing special, sweets were nice but not wow! I wouldn't pay full price for it. Still think $44 for 2 quite expensive, not worth it! Will not go back.

2  Thank Apple0728
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Even though the service was a bit lack lustre, the food was excellent.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

The atmosphere was lovely with beautiful music in the background. The fine china a treat and set the mood for a lovely high tea afternoon however I was a little disappointed with the food...tasted great although not much to offer. Perhaps the dessert selection could be just a bit bigger!

3  Thank Nadia R