“SHOCK AND DISAPPOINTMENT ”
Review of The Big Pineapple

The Big Pineapple
Ranked #8 of 14 things to do in Nambour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The heritage listed Big Pineapple is open daily and we welcome you to visit our iconic property. Climb the inside of the Pineapple and then take the Pineapple Train for an informative train ride through the plantation, rainforest and return to the station for a Pineapple Parfait in the Cafe. If you wish to visit Wildlife HQ Qld Zoo you can jump off at the Koala Station and enjoy all they have to offer then all aboard when you are finished for the trip back to the Big Pineapple. Train rides are $5 each and children under 3 are free. So much to do and enjoy a fun day out at the iconic Big Pineapple. As well as daily trading hours, enjoy our Saturday Markets which are on from 6:30am till 1pm weekly. Fresh food, bric-a-brac, art gallery and so much more to explore in our indoor/outdoor market place.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I can't believe what's happened there, it looks like it's from a scene of a horror movie. Tired, worn out and derelict. This was the place to visit as a kid, now with a kid of my own I'm shocked to see it this way.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Desperately in need of a renovation. This place has been on my to do list since I was in primary school. Pretty disappointing that the owners have let it go. Apart from taking a pic out the front, there's not much else to get excited about.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Many times I have came back here to visit the big Pineapple But This time was really
sad to see No Pineapples growing most building were empty and very dusty dirty and the inside as well with stairs though the middle with model trucks all needing a really good clean. There was a sign saying a small zoo & train ride but we didn't see a train & the Prices were expensive.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I can imagine this was the “must visit” place many years ago, when pineapples were planted here.
Visited today and was disappointed to know from the lady in the shop that there is no more pineapples grown there.
I had wanted to show my boys how pineapples are planted and we only get a giant pineapple with deteriorated display inside.
Visit if you want to see the zoo, otherwise give this place a miss.
It’s a pity the plantation was squeezed out by imports and nostalgic feeling is still holding on to that pineapple landmark.