Maroochydore Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Maroochydore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I found this hotel in the 'Rough Guides: East Coast Australia' book and stayed here in September 2011, as part of a three week East Coast tour. I have always been pleased with Rough Guides reccommendations in the past, and this was no exception.

The location of the motel is excellent firstly; just a short walk to shops, restaurants and the beach (I used to go and walk on it late at night) and if you go a little further you will be in the main centre of Maroochydore where there is even more variety. Annie gave me lots of leaflets about takeaways and places to eat, and some discount vouchers for breakfast at a beach cafe, which were most helpful! If you are planning to go to Australia Zoo the courtesy bus stops on First avenue, about 5 minutes walk away. There is a good Airport transfer service available (to Brisbane or Sunshine Coast) which will stop there.The motel itself was just delightful; Annie was very friendly to me when I first checked in, and she asked me about my plans and gave me some helpful tips. She got me some fresh milk, which I always prefer to the vacuum packed little cartons which you usually get! Another nice surprise was her collection of parrots, which were adorable. Each room in this motel has its own individual design, and I stayed in a 'Hollywood' room, which had Elvis/Marilyn Monroe decor. This could have been really tacky, but it wasn't. I managed to see a few other rooms; there was a tiger- and pink-themed which I noticed, which again looked fun. My room was very spacious and bright (the biggest I'd stayed in thus far, compared to the more compact city hotel rooms), with a big fridge, TV, huge dressing table/'worktop' area, tea and coffee and hairdryer, all of which worked perfectly. The wardrobe was a good size and there was an iron and ironing board provided. My bed was huge and comfortable, and the bathroom (with a spacious shower) was also quite large and well-lit. Vending machines were provided for snacks and drinks too, which was quite handy. Regarding security, each room has 2 sets of sliding doors, inner and outer, which could be securely fastened and I felt quite safe there. My room was cleaned properly every day of my stay.

The only thing I would mention - and I don't see it as a problem as such, more something to bear in mind - is that there is no Internet access available. This was not really a problem for me (and in any case there was a small Internet cafe not far from the motel), but other people may want to consider this aspect.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay at this refreshingly different place, and would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PoshRegan

Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is a nice motel in the heart of Cotton Tree at Maroochydore. It's only a very short walk to the shops, beautiful beach, river and restaurants. Each room has a different theme and we had the 'Chocolate' room. Very nicely done out in different shades of brown and gold but best of all - very clean and tidy. The motel is not new but lacks for little and for the price we paid in the middle of the January school holidays and the convenience and cleanliness, we were very pleased. The proprieter Annie and the other staff we met were very friendly and obliging. The pool was out of order but with the beach and the river so close that was not an issue. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wynnuman
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Looking for a 1 night last-minute booking, my daughter and I came across Annie's - and we're glad we did! We had the pleasure of staying in the Princess Room (pink theme) which was fun and something different. The room was clean, fresh and well maintained. Unlike some other reviews, we had no problems with noise at all, it was really peacful even though judging by the carpark there were lots of other guests in residence.

Annie provided fresh milk rather than UHT and discount vouchers for local restaurants - a lovely and thoughtful touch.

Once query Trip Advisor - why is this establishment listed in Bed and Breakfast? It doesn't appear to suit the nature of the business.

Room Tip: Check out the different themed rooms if you can, to get a sense of the unique nature of this motel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2012

A group of us recently stayed here in a few of the motel's themed rooms.
While Annie's is fun, has everything you need in a motel and it is good to stay somewhere that little bit different, we recommend you only stay here if you are a heavy sleeper.
Each morning we were woken by an excruciatingly loud noise (water pipes perhaps?) that kicked off around 5am and was loud enough to wake the dead. Even with earplugs I was woken and could not get back to sleep for the hours it continued. It was awful! Our friends in other rooms confirmed it woke them too. And when we went to complain the next morning there was no one in the office to talk to.
Annie's may advertise itself as being quirky and quiet, but during our stay it was unfortunately not the latter.

Room Tip: Themed rooms are fun, but some are a bit on the tacky side so maybe check out which room you willbe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissLC
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Have stayed in a few of the apartments and units in Maroochydore and if you want that something different with a touch of fun then you have to stay at Annies Motel.
Nothing pretentious about these rooms pick the theme you like and be assured that Annie will make your stay nice, comfortable, quiet and relaxing.
Annie believes in what she does and that is hospitality and she is great at it. Very enjoyable and i would recommend Annies Motel always.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keefjack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
0.3 km away
0.1 km away
Catalina Resort
Catalina Resort
#17 of 44 in Maroochydore

Been to Maroochydore Beach Motel? Share your experiences!