“A very busy little restaurant”
Review of Sukhothai

Sukhothai
Ranked #16 of 62 Restaurants in Maleny
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2016

This restaurant was recommended by the owners of a Rural Resort (Farm stay) outside Maleny. We were looking for a takeaway meal for7 adults and 5 children. The service was excellent from the phone order to the picking up of the meals . It was a Sunday night and the restaurant was very busy with no visible spare tables. The staff were under the pump but they were efficient and organised. The meals were very good. Highlights were the Prawns Penang Curry, The Ginger Duck, and the Ginger Pork stir fry. You can't go wrong.

10  Thank PeterB997

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Attended this bustling little restaurant after many recommendations from the locals. What a find. The
kitchen was staffed by a lovely gaggle of Thai ladies and one lucky Thai man. The service was attentive and prompt which was amazing to see when you saw how much food was being produced in the open kitchen. The food was as authentic as in Thailand. Loved it all the Tom Yam was exceptional. The chefs special of Chilly ginger duck was out of this world. We will be back. Thanks to the locals for the recommendation. Highly recommended.

17  Thank Extraordinary654219
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went in and wanted to eat in. 3 tables were available and we were told they had no tables available. I have them my number to call if a table freed up as it was 6pmish and I'm sure they would have had a table soon if not we would get takeaway. 7pm comes and no call. So we go back. And the same 3 tables are still available. And the same lady says sorry we have had no tables available. Which is a load of crap. We ordered takeaway and got told it would be 20 minutes. So we waited and waited. 20 minutes later went in and asked how long (2 of those 3 tables were still available). She said it would be another 15 minutes. Eventually got the food and I must admit the fried rice and satay stocks were nice. But the rest was not. Definitely not going back.

12  Thank James W
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Had a lovely lunch on a busy Mothers Day. I had the Laksa and my wife Pad Thai with a mixed entre. Owners were very friendly and all the chefs from Thailand I believe. A memorable meal and I would recommend and return.

22  Thank riclocke
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Not that fond of dining in at this establishment but at least twice a month I purchase take-away food. Always and I mean always the take-aways are excellant both in value and taste. Highly recommended for authentic Thai tastes!

10  Thank Michael B