All reviews hot tub spa anise cooking school falls villa long apron degustation dinner matching wines spicers properties dining experience duck food and wine day bed beautiful grounds an amazing experience wedding anniversary open fire relaxing stay
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We loved it great service very private pavilion with cute cedar hot tub we had dinner at the sister spicers in Montville and a free transfer was provided. Breakfast was great we are going back for another stay and a cooking class.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EME1984
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We had a very relaxing Friday and Saturday night at Spicers Tamarind. Great food, lovely rooms and helpful staff. We had dinner at Clovelly Estate on Sat night and that was fantastic too. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank geoffandmichelle
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We didn't stay in the accommodation here, although we did celebrate our 7 year anniversary with a trip to the restaurant Tamarind Thai. We stayed in Mooloolaba and drove the half hour to Spicers.
I don't usually write restaurant reviews - but I just had to for the best meal I've ever eaten. (And I've eaten out A LOT!!)
We decided against the 10 course banquet as my partner doesn't eat shellfish, but otherwise it was something I would definately like to try.
For entree we had a dry pork relish 'Nahm Prik' served with wrapping/scooping vegetables. Honestly the best thing I've eaten. I'm desperate to go back and have a huge serve of this.
We had an eggplant salad, pork curry and a whole fried fish. Just amazing. The combination of flavours and textures is out of this world. For dessert I had the coconut creme brulee (how could that be bad?) and my husband had the Banana Bavois - a month later he still asks me how to pronounce it before he tells everyone it was teh best dessert ever eaten.
The service was lovely, the chefs looked like they were enjoying themselves, and I can't wait to return. It wasn't cheap, at $160 without alcohol, but definately worth it.
On leaving the restaurant we noted how amazingly quiet it was surrounding the resort, and I'm hoping to be back for a weekend there soon!!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Antsuz78
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Just returned from a one night stay and evening meal at the Tamarind. The meal in the Thai restaurant was fantastic and the accommodation was equally impressive. Our secluded individual cabin had a great hot tub on the deck and inside some of the highlights were a wood burning fire and huge double shower. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and we wished we were staying another night, it was so peaceful and relaxing. The breakfast was also a good selection of cereals, fruit salad, quiche and assorted pastries and an 11:00 am check out meant we could take our time and relax before leaving.
I might be a bit harsh only giving it 4 out of 5. Maybe the inclusion of an electric blanket to keep out the winter chills would have given it 5 out of 5.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoastersOnHols
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Thank you Lyndsey, Regina, Jolene and staff for the exemplary service provided during our recent stay. Mate, this place is truly brilliant, the "pavilion" was perfect and just awesome for a romantic get-away, all complimented by exquisite food. We'll be back...10/10

• Stayed: July 2011