“Cute little authentic French place”
Review of Sweet Gossip

Sweet Gossip
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Kuranda
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Description: Sweet Gossip is located in the Original Kuranda Markets Shop 12/7 Therwine St Kuranda. We have a great menu with Fresh Sandwiches, Bruschetta, Croquet Monsieur and Salads, Sweet Gossip also takes great pride in our desserts and sweets. Profiterole, Cream Brûlée and Chocolate Eclair are some of the most popular items. Pop in and say hello to try a little piece of French Heaven !!
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stands out head & shoulders from all the crappy tourist cafes. I had a very tasty croque monsieur with a chocolate eclair to go prepared & served by a lovely French man. I would definitely return if I was to find myself in Kuranda again. Well done

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the most delicious camembert cheese roll. Thought I was back in France. The service was excellent and entertaining. Surrounded by beautiful palms and tropical gardens, French music in the background. Pastries looked Devine.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had the quiche Lorraine for lunch - just out of the oven, followed by the creme brulee and coffees. Great food and the French host was entertaining with his customers.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled across this French cafe in Kuranda markets today and are so glad we stopped for lunch. The quiche Loraine was the best we have ever had- pastry to die for and the croque monsieur was also delicious. The French owner was so warm and welcoming and as lunch was so delish we had to have desert! Creme brûlée...OMG...absolutely amazing! We live in Melbourne and wish we had a cafe near us with French baked goods of this standard. If you’re visiting the markets you need to go here for lunch. I never write reviews but had to recommend Sweet Gossip we were so impressed :)

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Amazing flavours and simple ingredients done extremely well. This is a gem hidden amongst the markets of Kuranda.

Most refreshing lunch I've had in 2 weeks!

French service, great coffee and great company.

1  Thank Adam J