“Beautiful fresh food”

Frogs Kuranda
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Kuranda
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Esablished in 1980 and still run by the same dedicated family of chefs, baristas and managers.
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch after a visit to Birdworld. We were looked after brilliantly by young Caitlin. My son’s a really plain eater, he ordered fish and chips which was Spanish mackerel in a lovely light batter. My daughter had a pizza, hubbie had a bacon lettuce tomato and egg sandwich and I ordered a calamari salad which was just so delicious, packed full of flavours. Friendly service, good food and value for money.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

A table was unoccupied even though the restaurant seemed to be full. Unsuspecting was about to take chair. Jumped up in air seeing a huge lizard near it!! Staff said that it was a friendly .Food was nice. Ambience quite interesting with all sorts of obsolete machines adding spice . Good place for food, shakes.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I suppose we may have drawn the unlucky lottery with our two food choices here, but both were abysmal. I'd have thrown them out if I'd made them at home. Pizza: frozen crust, tasteless sauce and overlooked to a crisp, neither of the two adults at the table could finish it. "Wood-fired" usually invokes some level of expectation that the pizza will meet some minimum levels of taste and quality. Not so.
Kids chicken nuggets: wow, I thought the yellow powdery stuff that used to constitute McDonald's chicken nuggets 20 years ago was long gone, but you can still get them here. Horrible, frozen, chewy and I have no actual idea what is in them.

The service was friendly and efficient in an unairconditioned space at 33 degrees, so I have to credit the staff on decent service.

Terry P, Manager at Frogs Kuranda, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Very hot day and yes customers can get rather irritable, you maybe be right that you ordered the wrong food, thin crust crispy pizzas is what we advertise.
If you order chicken nuggets for your children one would assume that you know what chicken nuggets are. Our children's menu also contains grilled barramundi with salad, home made beef patties and toasted foccacia rolls with fresh ingredients, I am surprised you chose the nuggets!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Delicious food. Great environment. Friendly lizards walk around the tables.
Recommend the Spanish Mackerel

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We like this place always come here when we visit Kuranda! The curry plates are delicious & my daughter is a huge fan of the chicken Caesar salads! The staff are lovely & it’s in such a nice calm environment with the local lizards just strutting around! Nice vibes!