Burdekin Motor Inn
Hotels.com
US$98
US$94
Priceline
Cluden Park Motor Inn(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
  • Restaurant
Spanish Lace Motor Inn(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$72
Cascade Motel In Townsville(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
Orbitz.com
Billabong Lodge Motel(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$71
Travelocity
Banjo Paterson Motor Inn(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$58
Coolabah Motel(Townsville)
US$71
US$124
US$97
Hotels.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I don't usually write reviews but like writing them when i'm especially happy with a business.

After turning up at this motel with no booking and after office hours (I was unable to find another place in Ayr that was open and accepting visitors!!) the managers were very welcoming and happy for me to take room. They charged me the same rate as I had seen on online sites, rather than taking advantage of my situation. Most importantly for a budget motel the room was extremely clean, well maintained, and cosy. This will be my go-to for overnight stays in this area!

Well done to the managers. It's clear they care about their customers and business! My suggestion to motel / hotel owners in this area is to advertise and have a night bell to pick up the late customers, although perhaps they do and i missed them!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Our stay at the Burdekin Motor Inn was actually the first time we had ever booked a room ourselves. We were awkward with questions, but the owners of the inn were friendly and welcoming. We were given a complimentary bottle of ice cold milk and extra soaps and towels. The room was clean and serviceable, with a jug of cold water in the fridge and tea and coffee satchels on the counter. As we had arrived a little late and were feeling peckish, we visited their restaurant; it had closed an hour beforehand. We asked if we could buy some bread to make our own sandwiches and the owners simply went out the back and handed us half a loaf for free - extremely generous of them! We checked out around 9am and the owners wished us safe travels. Thanks for our first successful motor inn experience!

Stayed: January 2016
Burdekin M, Owner at Burdekin Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your short stay with us. All the best for the rest of your travels
Cheers

Karen

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Great Motel. We stopped out the front very late and got a room straight away. Parking was great with a small truck. Room was very clean and very cosy. Only thing I could probably fault was the noise the fan made but I was too tired to really hear it.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Burdekin M, Owner at Burdekin Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us. We have now rectified the fan problem.

Cheers

Karen

Reviewed 21 April 2015

We chose this little motor inn because it is not far from the Homehill train station and had cheap family rooms. Ours was a good size, clean and comfortable. Friendly owners and they even give you fresh milk when you check in. Even better was the pool - bigger then most motel pools and positioned at the back so the kids could make as much noise as they wanted without annoying other travellers. We spent a few nights there - Friday night was ribs & steaks (yum) in the restaurant, had room service another night & walked up the road another night.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank bossyflossie
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just spent 3 nights in this motel in Home Hill to be close to a family reunion, now wished we stayed at one of the better quality motels in Ayr just 10 K's further north. Biggest problem was on checkout when we were charged $110 per night, when we have a email conformation booking stating $100 per night. They told us we have $100 rooms but upgraded you to a better room. OMG if our room was a better upgraded room, I would hate to see the other rooms. Our room was number 1, closest room to the Bruce Highway with truck noise, you also have the train noise from the main North Queensland rail line right behind the motel, our TV did not work and had to be re tuned to work. The in room air conditioner was noisy, no fly screen on the front windows to the room with Geckos running around on the ceiling inside the room. Bed quality just passes with Average, shower ok with quick hot water, but sink is very small with offset tap. The glass shelf above sink makes it very difficult to have shave or clean teeth. I travel a lot with our transport business around the east coast of Australia and this has to be one of the worst I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephen W
Burdekin M, Owner at Burdekin Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I do apologize for the TV, the changing of frequencies has resulted in us having to re-tune all TV's several times, obviously this one was missed. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the traffic or the rail line. One thing you did not mention was I offered to refund you the extra charge at checkout and again later by email.