See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just spent 3 nights in this motel in Home Hill to be close to a family reunion, now wished we stayed at one of the better quality motels in Ayr just 10 K's further north. Biggest problem was on checkout when we were charged $110 per night, when we have a email conformation booking stating $100 per night. They told us we have $100 rooms but upgraded you to a better room. OMG if our room was a better upgraded room, I would hate to see the other rooms. Our room was number 1, closest room to the Bruce Highway with truck noise, you also have the train noise from the main North Queensland rail line right behind the motel, our TV did not work and had to be re tuned to work. The in room air conditioner was noisy, no fly screen on the front windows to the room with Geckos running around on the ceiling inside the room. Bed quality just passes with Average, shower ok with quick hot water, but sink is very small with offset tap. The glass shelf above sink makes it very difficult to have shave or clean teeth. I travel a lot with our transport business around the east coast of Australia and this has to be one of the worst I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephen W
Burdekin M, Owner at Burdekin Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I do apologize for the TV, the changing of frequencies has resulted in us having to re-tune all TV's several times, obviously this one was missed. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the traffic or the rail line. One thing you did not mention was I offered to refund you the extra charge at checkout and again later by email.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We ended up staying in Home Hill for two weeks due to our van breaking down and a week of that was spent at the Burdekin Motor Inn. Clean, tidy and very comfortable. The owners, Tony and Karen could not do enough for us going far beyond the call of duty to help us whilst our van was being repaired. Even down to helping us find a reliable mechanic to fix our van. The food in the restaurant (and room service) was most definitely some of the best we had had during our three months in Australia.
Thank you both so much for everything you did for us, you will be remembered with fondness.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FrancineLuke
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was recently working in Home Hill for an extended period, and stayed at this motel 4 nights a week over a 5 week period.

Although the motel is an older motel, there is everything you need in the rooms including a decent size fridge, a toaster and a hairdryer, plus free internet. It also meant that the rooms are BIG and come with ceiling fans as well as A/C.

Karen and Tony, the owners, were always welcoming and couldn't do enough for me.... and how wonderful to get FRESH milk instead of the other stuff normally handed out in motels nowadays! There is a motel restaurant and bar which is open 3 nights a week, and room service is available 7 nights.

Thank you both, you made my stay literally a 'home away from home'

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Janmaree_12
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Staying in Home Hill with no Transport, this motel was my only option and what a great option it was.
Upon checking in, I was greeted with happy, smiling staff who instantly made me feel welcome and was told "Anything you need, please ask".
With the affordable rate, I wasn't expecting much but the rooms were large and comfortable, and VERY clean, more than big enough for myself.
With my partner arriving the next day, we used all our amentities and upon asking for some more, we were given heaps extra to get us through. Housekeeping staff were very polite and friendly and happy to accommodate our needs in any way they could help and their service every day was exceptional.
My partner and I ran into abit of trouble and staff were very understanding, very helpful and very accommodating.
Each time we encountered staff we were greeted with a smile and conversation.
Upon checking out, reception was again more than lovely and very efficient.
I am planning a return trip to Home Hill next year and will definitely be booking in with the Burdekin Motor Inn. I highly recommend this motel if you are looking for clean, affordable and friendly accommodation.
Thank you very much to the staff, we really enjoyed our stay and look forward to our stay with you next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xxMegzixx
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I wasn't expecting luxury, just a neat and tidy motel for a two night stay to visit family. Not at all what we encountered.
On check in I was given our milk for tea and coffee in a used glass juice bottle, disgusting. On a positive note the rooms were large and the beds comfortable. We were woken before 5am by our neighbours both sides loading their utes for work, smoking and having a general catch up outside our door until 6am, with no regard for other occupants. I mentioned this to the owner in case she was unaware to potentially take into consideration when booking travellers in beside regular contractor tenants.
On my return that night at 9.30pm, on my own with 3 young daughters I was harassed by two of the contractors about my comments to the owner. I felt very threatned and worried for our safety. The female owner sat outside reception with other contractor tenants and watched as they proceeded to mock us. I packed our bags and loaded the car, again being approached by another tenant, handed the owner the keys and left, checking into a motel in Ayr. I have just returned from a 5 week holiday in which we never came across this kind of decrepid, poorly run establishment. Obviously the only other review on this site was self written as it is a dump and I would not recommend it to anyone.
We travel often and have never ever encountered anything like this ever.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Coops94
KarenHomeHill, Owner at Burdekin Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

It is very unfortunate that this young lady had this bad experience at our motel. After the lady informed me of the noise problem the previous morning I asked the other contractors to please keep the noise down as they were disturbing other tenants, which they assured me they would and I mistakenly thought every thing was under control. Even though I was sitting outside talking with my husband and one of the contractors I had no idea what was going on down that end of the motel as it was out of ear shot and contractors vehicles were in my line of vision.

It is a shame this young lady had to be put in that room but due to heavy bookings this unavoidable.