“Rainforest magic”
other travellers have booked this property
Mountain and Ocean Views from La Vista daintreeholidayhomes
 Ocean Views to Cape Tribulation from the Pool. The Shack & The Studio. Both Exclusively Yours !
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Mountain and Ocean Views from La Vista daintreeholidayhomes
Ocean Views to Cape Tribulation from the Pool.
The Shack & The Studio. Both Exclusively Yours !
Pool Deck with Another Hammock.
Studio Bed with a comfy extra thick King Coil mattress.
Studio Bath
Hammock View. The Best place to read a book.
Studio Bathroom
Plunge Pool and Jet Spa
Studio Galley
Studio Bed View
Studio
Mountain Views from the Pool.
Shack Dining with Ice and Cool Filtered Water.
Shack Kitchen with BBQ & Pizza Oven.
Shack Mountain & Ocean View from the fully equipped Kitchen.
Shack Bed. Queensize Kingcoil.
Shack Shower under the Eaves or under the Stars.
Shack Sofa Bed with innerspring comfy mattress.
Last Night (Feb 2016)
G'day, I'm Dean.
Cassowary.
Our Sign.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kimbobald...
Auckland, New Zealand
“Rainforest magic”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

What a truly magical spot.
Our group of 2 couples and one child absolutely loved this trip.
Everything is done very tastefully, is well organised with everything on hand for a super relaxing time. We could also spread out and have our own space if we wanted it, but spent time cooking and hanging out in the shack as a group.
The views are absolutely stunning.
Dean was friendly and helpful.

31 Jul 2017
Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review Kim.
Great to see photo's of your family and friends enjoying La Vista.
Lola B
“Ms”
Reviewed 22 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Beautiful place in the Daintree with a fantastic view. Dean was great with communication and the house had everything we needed plus a pool table and spa which were lots of fun.

23 Jul 2017
Thanks so much for the upbeat review Lola.
Glad you guys had fun and enjoyed the View.
katejc201...
Hazelbrook, Australia
“A perfect place to take a step away from 'life'”
Reviewed 18 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

The location of La Vista was great for both having some time out from busy life as well as for exploring the amazing Daintree surrounds. My partner and I stayed 9 nights so really got to enjoy it. The studio was incredible and we enjoyed its simplicity - the layout allows for a real feeling of being in as well as above the rainforest. Literally waking up to the stunning view every day was a real treat. The shack was our recreation space - playing pool, movies and casual meals. We took a couple of dips in the plunge pool in the afternoon sun which was glorious. We quickly adjusted to being less 'connected' to our mobile phones and internet (WiFi there but slowish at times) and what it means to be off the grid. Walking distance to good ice cream was nice. We loved having lots of quiet and privacy while still being relatively close to walks and activities. We'd love to go back someday. Dean was great from booking onwards and was very quick to respond to any inquiries.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
21 Jul 2017
Thanks Kate. I really appreciate your time taken to write such a conscientious and detailed review. I'm glad that you and Ross enjoyed your stay and had the time to really enjoy La Vista and The Daintree.
SouthEast...
Batemans Bay, Australia
“Waking up in paradise”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

I am so glad I found this little gem. We recently stayed here with our 9 month old and the inlaws. The inlaws got the shack and we got the studio. The studio is fantastic, waking up to that view each morning is just amazing. Watching the sunrise over the hills (in bed mind you) is just something really special. It was quite magical to drift of to sleep each night actually listening to the sounds of the rainforest, and seeing the stars from your bed. The place is perfectly contained, the facilities great. The shack is not as glam as the studio, think 3 stars and the studio 4 to 5 stars Not being a big beach fan myself the plunge pool and spa was brilliant to cool off in especially with the veiw. Mother in law took a bit of warming to the openness of it all but seemed to enjoy her stay. I think she was jealous we had the nicer room with a veiw and bathroom. It's in a great location, allowing an easy drive to Cape Tribulation to explore the daintree region. There is an icecream shop an easy walk down the road, what more could you need? (once you conqure the driveway) Dean The owner was great to deal with both leading up to and during our stay. Nothing was too much trouble. I would not hesitate to recomend this place to anyone heading up to the daintree. It's not often you get to feel like you are the only people on earth and this little gem let's you do that.

3 Aug 2016
Really appreciate your time taken to write such a thoughtful review.
Glad you had such a nice time in The Daintree and
enjoyed your stay at La Vista.
Michael R
Adelaide, Australia
“Spectacular view”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed here for two nights with our two kids last week. The booking process was a breeze and communication via email with the owner was exceptional. It took a little while for the family to come to terms with the openness of the place, but having stayed in the Daintree previously, I knew most of the places are like that. By the time we were right into it, it was time to go unfortunately, so if you are thinking of visiting I recommend a minimum of three nights....not saying you wont enjoy less but 3 or 4 would have been perfect for us. The only negatives were the generator that ran for about six hours one night and kept us up and the 4 burner cooktop in which only two burners worked. I guess if you are paying $280+ a night you expect everything to work seamlessly. WiFi was very weak but that was good because it kept our kids off their screens!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: The cooktop
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Jul 2016
Thanks for the review Michael. It is a pity that you did not contact me during stay. As you know I am only just around the corner, 5 minutes away. I could have resolved both your negatives quite easily. The generator is fully automated, (it will come on if power is being drawn in excess of certain parameters) but I could have turned it off for you, or found out what was making it run. I have never known it to run for six hours. Really sorry about that, I always charge the batteries prior to guests arrival and have not had this happen to guests before.
The 4 burner cook top does indeed have 4 working burners, however I should have shown you how to light the front two. As stated in the La Vista Handbook (one in The Studio, and another in The Shack), you need to click and hold, then these two burners will stay on.
Limited bandwidth on the NBN Interim Satellite allows me only 10GB of Internet per month. The WiFi guest account will allow high speed browsing and general email. Streaming music or video is difficult. However, I have had guests in the past who have had success with Spotify.
NBN are now upgrading there service to the New NBN Muster Satellite. I will (as of 29th July) now have a much faster service (5 x faster) with 30GB per month. I can't wait !
Again, please accept my apologies, and thanks for leaving a 4 Star review, your feedback is appreciated.
All the best, Dean.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing