All reviews main course mini bar self service lovely hotel spa bath cold meats main building evening meal good size carvery restaurant beef buffet breakfast plenty of parking waiting staff bramber castle pretty village your plate
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Rooms very clean. Could not fault food. Breakfast and evening meals were lovely. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Overall a lovely hotel in a lovely quiet area. Would visit again if back in that area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Maggie P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank your for your positive review - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We booked the Old Tollgate to stay overnight before the Goodwood Revival and weren't sure what to expect. It's a gem. Rooms were spacious and clean, excellent hot powerful shower and windows that open fully (this is a rare luxury when you like a cool room). Every staff member we came across was pleasant, chatty and helpful especially on what was a busy evening for them. Car parking was plentiful too. We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely carvery and were told about a special Friday night deal which was a nice touch. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and very tasty. Paula who looked after us at breakfast was doing a wonderful job. We'll definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you infrequentcouple for taking the time to post your review - we really do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

My husband and I stayed here last night as we were guests at the wedding held there that day. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. My husband wanted a piece of cake after the delicious buffet had been cleared away and Ben went and got him the last piece of bakewell for him, even though I think he wanted it for himself the he. The 2 staff that were on the bar (I’m sorry I don’t know their names) were extremely helpful and friendly and were very prompt at serving the guests.
Breakfast this morning was delicious and again nothing was too much trouble, we ended up having tables put together so we could sit with our friends. Ben got the children some hot chocolate and was very helpful in finding us food for a dairy free child. The other breakfast staff (again I didn’t catch their names) were also really nice and very patient even though the children were quite noisy and running around.
The room was very spacious and clean although rather dated. And the lady on reception was also very pleasant. We had a truly lovely stay and I couldn’t not pass on my gratitude and thanks for a lovely wedding stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Maggie P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you lucy a - what an amazing review. I shall personally pass your comments back to the entire team.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I have stayed at the hotel on business on a number of occasions. I decided to have a leisure stay with my wife at the hotel. We both enjoyed our stay, everything was very good, I was already aware of this, my wife enjoyed the hospitality of the hotel staff for the first time, her only negative point was the lack of her mobile signal, but she managed, and was not put stay. We will be returning at some point.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Rick S

Thank you Rick S for your 5* review - we really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We visit this Hotel 6 to 7 times a year.The staff are really friendly and always remember us when we visit.Plenty of choices at beakfast and the carvery/chefs specials at night are a real treat and great value with a Hotel voucher.Very popular so make sure you book.Rooms are well appointed and always clean.The only shame is there is no longer complimentary water.On a earlier visit in August I was taken ill and had to spend time in Worthing Hospital.The staff and management were brilliant when it came to looking after and sorting accommodation for my wife.Plenty of free parking and Bramber is a great location.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are in Eastgate.Can be some door noise in Westgate.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear colin l we always look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel. I do hope that you are keeping well and hope to see you again soon.