All reviews the pub sky tv beer garden downs link food was fantastic warm welcome beautiful village would stay again south downs way stayed for one night good size fish and chips car park full english breakfast short break pretty village biscuits
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped off for a quick bite to eat when sightseeing in this pretty village.

We settled on the burger and Chips, and we were amazed that there were 2 burgers in our bun !
This was far too much to consume for 1 person -unless you were a very hungry builder !

The burger was delicious though !

The car park situated opposite is free !

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I was here with a coach party for lunch and we were made very welcome. The chicken and veg lunch was lovely and hot and well cooked. Staff were friendly and very efficient and we all had a great time. Desserts were lovely esp the apple crumble. We thought the outside of the pub looked gorgeous with beautiful hanging baskets all along the front.

Room Tip: we only were there for lunch!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch here today. 2 roast lambs, a huge burger and chips and a kids chicken goujons. All the puddings we had ordered weren't unavailable which was a shame as it wasn't late in the day but I wouldn't mark them down as the alternatives were delicious. The staff are friendly and efficient and the surroundings attractive and comfortable

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I loved my 5 nights at The Castle Inn. Room was small, but had everything I needed. Staff were all friendly and efficient. I especially loved getting to know Lois and Deb who served me breakfast every day. Not only was the food delicious (and generous!), but these ladies made it extra special. They were always welcoming, warm and went about their work with unassuming grace. If I am ever back in West Sussex, I would happily stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Emdog360
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Friendly people especially Lois & Debbie who really made our stay special. We had a room with double bed, small but comfortable. I enjoyed the water boiler and possibilty of having hot drinks at the room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple