Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$70
ZenHotels.com
PricelineUS$70
eDreamsUS$70
Agoda.comUS$71
FindHotel
All reviews car park central location big hotel cromwell suite modern bathroom afternoon tea spent two nights quiet at night priest hole high street early hours lovely hotel steeped in history great room no lift stayed for one night refurbishment
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Spent two nights here with my partner as he was in a pool competition. My first impressions were "oh dear" but we got to our room in the Cromwell suite corridor and I was surprised at the modern room. It was lovely and clean, compact but it suited our needs. The Hotel is steeped in history and is full of character. As it was Halloween the manager gave us a tour of the historical rooms where Cromwell and his Officers had their meetings. We went inside the priest hole in that room which has a hidden door in the wooden clad wall. She also told us the stories of the many ghosts said to roam the corridors. All of the staff were amazing and a credit to the Hotel. The Hotel is undergoing extensive refurbishment, please keep the creaky floorboards!! Would love to revisit when the renovations are completed. Highly recommend a stay here but if you want a boutique hotel then this won't be for you!!! Thank you all at The Hind for a great stay :) Donna and Gary

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2020

Lovely Hotel, Central location. Great room at a great price. Free parking and WiFi. Helpful and attentive staff, highly recommend this hotel. Reasonably priced drinks in the bar. Weve had afternoon tea here previously which we really enjoyed.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2020

I stayed for one night mid-week, the bedroom I had was a lovely modern, clean room, with a nice walk -in shower and very comfortable bed and quiet at night, all the staff seemed very friendly.

The Hotel carparking was not available, but advised by staff when I eventually got through via telephone (as not answered on previous attempts to call) that I could park my car in the council car park, as the hotel have an agreement with the council. The afternoon I arrived I tried to call the Hind to check if I was parking in the right location and again the 'phone just rang and rang with no answer, I arrived at reception very shortly afterwards to see the receptionist talking in the bar area, it was mentioned nobody was answering the 'phone and she just laughed!

It's good to see this lovely Hotel is being renovated but the workmen stand just outside the main entrance doorway and smoke, which is not nice for people arriving as the smoke is wafting into the hotel, which is your first impression.
The evening meal was fried buffet, didn't look very good so decided to eat out, breakfast wasn't very good either.

If I need to stay in Wellingborough again I would come back as would like to see the completed build work, I am sure it's going to look fantastic.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020

My friends and I had an afternoon tea here during the week and I couldn’t fault it! I didn’t get her name because she wasn’t wearing a name badge but the server was absolutely lovely. she was on her own but she did a fantastic job at making sure all of our needs were seen too. She came in and checked on us to make sure we were happy on a number of occasions. The room was well set up and all the staff are so friendly. Will definitely be coming back!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2020

Stayed overnight on business, I prefer places with character than bland chain hotels.
Parking was a challenge, with scaffolding all around the building and builders vans in car park. Very tight but managed to get in. Parking is a big thing for some people especially if you need to make several trips to the car. In town centre so good for choice if restaurant or coffee shop required. Room was very nice, heating good, shower room fine, and you could see a lot of effort had been made to refurbish and bring the standard up. It's a big hotel and I appreciate it must be a huge task and cost a lot of money to bring every room and the building up to new standards. Staff were friendly and I wish them good luck with the refurbishment.

Date of stay: February 2020