“End of Season Group Meal”

The Lamb Inn at Little Harrowden
Ranked #10 of 138 Restaurants in Wellingborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018

A few of our group had independently eaten at The Lamb Inn and had enjoyed our eating experiences, as such, when it came to choosing a venue for our team meal this year we were confident in recommending this pub, for their food quality, for their menu choices and for location and ambience. We were a party of ten so were asked to forward our menu choices ahead of the meal.
On arrival just before 7pm on a Saturday we were shown to a nice table that had been prepared. All of our party gathered and we were being looked after for drinks. Only two of our party had opted for starters and these arrived shortly after our drinks. The plates were collected but there was then a bit of wait for the mains, despite having advised the kitchen exactly what we all wanted. The pub had one of two other parties but it certainly wan't full. Eventually, after being there around an hour our mains came out, sausage and mash arrived first, with gravy boats, but no vegetables. All dishes, bar one, finally came out, followed by vegetables eventually, having to chase this element up. Sadly, my hubby sat with an empty placemat, his meal clearly having been forgotten altogether. The staff chased this and it emerged. The meals were a mixed bag, most of our team enjoyed their choice but the ribs were a disaster, four of us had eagerly awaited these, expecting beautiful tender meat dropping off the bone. This was not the case, I attempted to cut them but my knife wouldn't even go through the meat without a struggle, having successfully sliced a rib off I had to pick it up and it was was left with a mouth of very chewy meat. I had to leave the meat but the remainder of my plate was a soup of barbecue sauce that had made my chips soggy and soaked my salad making it all inedible. The pie was also a bit disappointing, it appeared to be a bowl of stew with a pastry crust on top. We raised our concerns with the manager but set that aside and hoped to enjoy our desserts. Most of these were enjoyed but it was just not my night, two of us went for the waffle option, not a good plan, it looked delightful but both were rock hard, not even a fork could penetrate it so we ate the ice-cream and ended the meal. The manager was apologetic and adjusted our bill accordingly. We discussed our issues with him on leaving and it was recommended to book two smaller parties if we came again. Sadly not our best experience of this venue

2  Thank wendy_biddle

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We booked lunch at The Lamb as friends had recommended it and we were pleasantly surprised. The pub is situated on a main road and as there are no sandwich boards etc. attracting you to it, you could easily give it a miss. It is a village pub and once inside, you can see why. It is full of little rooms, including one that has a skittle table. The main bar is cosy to say the least but it offers a warm welcome. The Lamb prides itself on offering a Senior Lunch menu throughout the week and you won’t be disappointed. My wife chose the Brie wantons to start while I had the breaded mushrooms. Both dishes were piping hot and more than adequate. The steak pie that I ordered was excellent and I opted for chips and vegetables, while the mushroom stroganoff was equally delicious. You are offered two courses for £8, with three courses on offer at £10. Who can argue with that for good quality pub grub. Alas, we had to pass on the desserts-but maybe another day as we shall certainly return.
On a minor note- some TLC in the toilets would be a further plus!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited the Lamb for lunch on a Bank Holiday Monday. There was no problem getting a table. The had a good choice of wine and beer and the landlady let us taste before deciding which we wanted. There was a good choice of food which included some veggie options. The food came with potatoes plus 4 other vegetables, the meal was tasty and filling. The service was excellent, I'd recommend visiting.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Lamb is an attractive pub on the outskirts of Harrowdon to Orlingbury, less than two miles from my home, yet I hadn’t visited it for many years.
It is in a built up area, and you will be lucky to find a space in the small car park so it is usually necessary to park on the road, which is not good.
Once inside, however, one quickly forgets this problem. The interior is quite small with several rooms and a number of steps as this old building is on a hill, and just follows the contours.
The smallest room is the bar, with very little seating, yet is a snug and welcoming room, with many locals sticking to their traditional seats, but ready to make way to the bar. Lots of smiles and laughter!
The Lamb is dog friendly and are welcomed and given biscuits and a bowl of water, and one very small room is available for eating when you have your dog.
The restaurant is again up a few steps, and has about eight tables of various sizes. It is a little cramped but adequate. Service is prompt and friendly, but not overly so, and the waitresses have a good knowledge of the menu and drinks, so are very helpful. The food is usual for this type of pub, well cooked, and tasty. Portions are more than adequate, and excellent value for money.
We visited in the winter time, so do not know if there is a garden area.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome food at a reasonable price.

The venue is a typical older building, but the service and food were great.

We will return!