“Great little place ”

Peak District Parlour
Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Tideswell
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 30 April 2021 via mobile

Called in for an ice cream this afternoon - salted caramel and a bubble gum. Overall quick service and tasted fine.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (72)

Reviewed 1 November 2019

We liked this little cafe, finding it friendly and serving a good cup of tea (both decaf & normal). We went back again after another walk the next day & also sampled the baking which was good. Importantly for us it was open late afternoon during half term week when other places weren't.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 3 October 2019

We have been using this cafe for years, although haven't been for a few months. I can only assume that this has changed owners, as the usual cheery staff weren't there, nor were the usual items on the menu, ie home made pies etc. Instead, there was a member of staff who obviously wasn't happy in her job and it just didn't look the same! I ordered a simple beef sandwich on thick cut granary bread and the OH ordered a beef, cheese and chutney toasted sandwich. It took an inordinate amount of time to arrive, bearing in mind that we were the only customers in the place. When it did, my sandwich was on a very dry bread-cake with home made coleslaw, where the mayo was so thin that it leaked out of the onion, cabbage etc and covered the plate, making the sandwich soggy underneath. However, that wasn't the only problem, the very small amount of beef in my sandwich had somehow been grilled or fried, so that the thin pieces of beef were like shoe leather - what was that all about - it didn't say anything about wanting a hot roast beef sandwich? I did, of course, point that I hadn't asked for a hot sandwich and would they change it. Apparently the beef in my OH's toasted sandwich had been done the same way. They replaced my sandwich, but quite honestly, we couldn't wait to get out and, needless to say, we won't be returning. I can't remember when I put a 'terrible' score on TA, but this really warranted it!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 10 August 2019

No as good as last year, disappointed. Shame won't be back.
Went for lunch and from what it was like this time last year very disappointed.
Sausage is not if same quality.
And the falafel were microwaved to been bone dry. Will be avoiding for rest if trip here. The Mediterranean platter was very good last year with wide selection items. Photos hopefully show this.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 6 June 2019

Regularly have coffee and cake here with a group of walkers. Always made welcome (and the dog). Pie and chips for lunch great value.

Date of visit: June 2019