“Good place for a cuppa after a walk”

Peak District Parlour
Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Tideswell
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 1 November 2019

We liked this little cafe, finding it friendly and serving a good cup of tea (both decaf & normal). We went back again after another walk the next day & also sampled the baking which was good. Importantly for us it was open late afternoon during half term week when other places weren't.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (72)

Reviewed 3 October 2019

We have been using this cafe for years, although haven't been for a few months. I can only assume that this has changed owners, as the usual cheery staff weren't there, nor were the usual items on the menu, ie home made pies etc. Instead, there was a member of staff who obviously wasn't happy in her job and it just didn't look the same! I ordered a simple beef sandwich on thick cut granary bread and the OH ordered a beef, cheese and chutney toasted sandwich. It took an inordinate amount of time to arrive, bearing in mind that we were the only customers in the place. When it did, my sandwich was on a very dry bread-cake with home made coleslaw, where the mayo was so thin that it leaked out of the onion, cabbage etc and covered the plate, making the sandwich soggy underneath. However, that wasn't the only problem, the very small amount of beef in my sandwich had somehow been grilled or fried, so that the thin pieces of beef were like shoe leather - what was that all about - it didn't say anything about wanting a hot roast beef sandwich? I did, of course, point that I hadn't asked for a hot sandwich and would they change it. Apparently the beef in my OH's toasted sandwich had been done the same way. They replaced my sandwich, but quite honestly, we couldn't wait to get out and, needless to say, we won't be returning. I can't remember when I put a 'terrible' score on TA, but this really warranted it!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 10 August 2019

No as good as last year, disappointed. Shame won't be back.
Went for lunch and from what it was like this time last year very disappointed.
Sausage is not if same quality.
And the falafel were microwaved to been bone dry. Will be avoiding for rest if trip here. The Mediterranean platter was very good last year with wide selection items. Photos hopefully show this.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 6 June 2019

Regularly have coffee and cake here with a group of walkers. Always made welcome (and the dog). Pie and chips for lunch great value.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

A group of us used this place regularly for breakfast when we stayed here three years ago. As we were walking nearby we decided to return. Used to have friendly young staff and very good food.
We walked in and were told the coffee machine was broken, no big deal.
Sat down and perused the menu. Kept looking over at the woman behind the counter but no response. After ten minutes, I noticed that the front of the menu said to order at the counter. Would it really have hurt her to mention it? There were no other customers.
Ordered breakfasts with tea. When she brought the teas out, she put them down without a word.
A man came in and ordered a bacon roll, he waited outside for a good ten minutes before it came.
Our breakfasts arrived and were okay but nothing special. Again, barely a word said when she delivered them.
Paid the bill and she went off to talk in the kitchen. We wanted to get some pies or cakes to take away, but after waiting another few minutes we gave up and left.
We were all really disappointed at how much the place had declined. Really not acceptable customer service.

Date of visit: May 2019