“Perfect cod and chips, very friendly and cheap too”

Elliott's Fish & Chips
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Tideswell
Reviewed 12 November 2019

Three of us had the cod and chips tonight. A friendly welcome (we’re visiting Tideswell). Freshly cooked. Perfectly cooked soft cod in a golden delicious batter and classic fish and chips style chips, and not expensive. We all loved it. Thank you. Tideswell is a lovely village and everyone we’ve met has been very friendly.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (155)

Reviewed 6 November 2019

This is the place to call at when you want a good comfort treat.
There is a good choice of food and the mushy pea balls are amazing.
I love this place and am glad I don't live to near as I would not be able to resist calling in.
I highly recommend a visit everything I have tried has been hot fresh and delicious.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous fish and chips. I only eat fish and chips one per year as a rule but I went back twice in the space of two days. A really lovely team there too. Great job.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

Very friendly chip shop. Best fish and chips I've ever eaten. All is cooked when you order. You can even buy bags of potatoes and boxes of eggs. Local people return their egg boxes to be reused.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

Elliots is now only the remaining Fish and Chip Take away in the village. Ordered 2 cod and large portion of chips. When back at holiday cottage, 2 minutes walk away. We sat down to have our long waited tea treat. Noticed straight away that the chips were dark in colour and tasted very greasy. The portions of fish weren’t very big and these too tasted greasy and the batter was not ‘Chrisp’ and tasty. All we came to think that these portions weren’t freshly cooked to order and may have been left over frying of the lunch time cooking. The frying fat in which this our early evening order , may also be of long time use?

Shame that this had to be our first time eating in the village. Hope you the owner take on ‘board’ what I have to inform you?

Date of visit: October 2019