“Great day out 5/04/18”

Swadlincote Ski and Snowboard Centre
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Swadlincote
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a large leisure facility & dry ski slope providing Skiing, Snowboarding, Toboggan and Sno-tubing with a fully licensed bar and restaurant. We also have a brand new activity 'The Viper Slide' opening July 2012. We offer Lessons, Open Practice Sessions, Ski and Snowboard Clubs, Birthday Parties, Weddings, Christening and much more! Call our friendly and helpful staff for more details.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fab first visit, lovely staff, the tubing and the viper was great fun even the walk was a laugh!, the toboggan became busy when there was a party down there but the guy with the glasses ( sorry I didn’t catch his name) was great to have a chat to whilst we waited. The restaurant looked nice, the food was decent and the kids enjoyed the chicken nuggets,We will definitely be back in the summer!!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"spend half a day"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent fun day out with our family & children’s friend
All enjoyed, doing activities
Reasonable prices
Cafe too a bonus

1  Thank ratclifferachel
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my nephew arrived here
Ladies on front desk wasnt friendly at all, didn’t look like she wanted to be here but I over looked that
We booked a groupon voucher for his Xmas present which was with food
Slopes and tobogganing was great fun BUT When it came to food (pizza and chips ) I was disappointed! It was a little rubbish to be honest nothing special and it was cold
I explained to the duty manager how I was with my nephew and he has special needs and I could tell he wasn’t enjoying it after a lot of encouragement, eventually told me that his food was cold that’s why he wasn’t eating it
There was no consideration from the duty manager for this and I was told unfortunately I would have to buy some chips and nothing could be replaced
After about 20 mins the duty manager did come back to me with a solution which had already suggested this LITLE TO LATE !

would only cost the company 5p or less a bowl and it could of been solved
I work in the same industry that’s why I know

Disappointing end to a good day

Reviewed 14 March 2018

The place has seen better days: the decor looks very tired, the mats on the slope are falling apart, vending machines seem to be out of order permanently. It seems no one cares about the business any more. This is reflected by the staff. They were busy chatting in the back room without a care. It was as if we the customers are a bit of a nuisance to them.
On the plus side, access and parking are good, the cost is reasonable.

2  Thank Y M