George Hotel(Hathersage)
The Maynard(Grindleford)
US$156
US$125
  • Breakfast included
The Norfolk Arms(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$286
US$248
Official Site
US$144
All reviewsgreat foodthe pubpielamb shankpeak districtfour poster bedcomfortable roombakewell puddingchantenay carrotssame qualitypleasant place to staypretty villagechips and mushy peasegyptian cotton towelsgood home cooked foodmelt in the mouthfull english breakfast
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Around 5th time visited this place, good central point for meeting family.
Sad, but seems to be going down with each visit, in saying that had a lot worse. Quite a busy place and parking is limited, staff very friendly, quite limited menu on last few visits and food not quite same quality. Still worth a visit

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
JessicaReay, Manager at The Scotsman's Pack, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Sorry you feel it wasn't as good as previous visits.
I don't really know what else to say, nothing much has changed, same Bar staff, same Head chef.

Perhaps we just had an off weekend this bank holiday.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Just one night for us in Derbyshire, sandwiched between two great walks. The Scotsman's Pack was easy to locate, right next to the junior school which gives the road its name. The welcome was good and the young staff were friendly and helpful throughout. We arrived in time for dinner which was fine as was the breakfast, served by a very chirpy and upbeat staff member. It's the room really that was a little disappointing. The bathroom was fine but the room itself looked a little tired and was quite small, but all in all, a reasonably positive stay. Oh and I could not get the advertised free wifi, though I admit I'm no tech-expert!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
JessicaReay, Manager at The Scotsman's Pack, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay. I'm glad that it was a positive stay overall. We do have a continued commitment to investing in our rooms but it is so important to us that we keep the character of the building. We currently have a refurbishment program in place, which has included every bathroom being updated as well as much of the furniture. We would love to be able to offer extra large rooms but due to the age of the building and its listing this for us isn't possible. Our staff would have happily logged you on to the wi-fi if you were having issues, it would have been no problem at all.

I do hope we will see you again in the future,

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Just got back from a lovely stay at The Scotsman's Pack, It was a birthday treat for me from my husband, we have lived in Suffolk for over 50 years but I originate from South Yorkshire and used to visit Derbyshire as a child . I certainly had a shock driving through Sheffield (what a change ) but as soon as we got into Derbyshire it was wonderful.The Scotsman's Pack exceeded both our expectations. Our room was gorgeous , lovely twin room right at the front with lovely views, nothing was spared for our comfort .Brilliant shower , very efficient and so many big fluffy towels.Great. It was nice to get the Bakewell Pudding along with the biscuits ,tea coffee and hot chocolate. The staff were great,nothing too much trouble and the food extremely good.A special thanks to the lovely man (sorry I didn't get your name ) who served us our breakfast each day,an absolute joy.Wonderful asset , keep up the good work☺ Thank you for a magical stay. Kathy and Barry Hunt.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front but I would imagine any room would perfect
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you leaving us such a fantastic review, I'm so glad we managed to exceed your expectations, this is always our main goal. Many of our bathrooms have recently been refurbished, the showers are fantastic as are the views around the valley. We are part of The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Company which is why we include a Bakewell pudding on your refreshments tray in your room. Hopefully you enjoyed it! I will pass your comments on to the gent who served you breakfast, he'll be delighted!

I do hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The Scotsman's Pack was a real find! We really loved our six-day stay there. The entire staff, especially the housekeeper, Robert, were so kind to us and really saw to our every need. Having the pub downstairs is convenient, especially since the food is good. We highly recommend it for a meal, a pint or a pub quiz/bingo. If you're planning a Peak District getaway, this is a perfect place to stay!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a four-poster bed
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to post it on here! Robert really is an asset to The Scotman's, as are all of our staff. I have shown Robert your review and he is thrilled by your kind words. The pub quiz is incredibley popular, so be sure to get down early to grab a seat.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again for a meal in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This Scotsman's is one of my favorite pubs, so it's especially convenient that they have accommodations available! Rooms are small but comfortable and relatively quiet for being located above the pub. There is a bit of noise, but things quiet down as soon as the pub closes. If you go to bed very early, this might bother you, but otherwise, it isn't an issue. The food downstairs is excellent and the atmosphere cozy and quaint.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review, I'm happy to read that you view as one of your favourite pubs! I'll pass your comments on to the kitchen about the food being excellent, they'll be thrilled.

Do let us know if we can do anything to reach that five star rating.