“A nights stay”

The Queens Arms
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Glossop
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I travelled from Bedfordshire as we had a wedding reception to attend. The staff were very friendly and breakfast was lovely.
The rooms are very clean and beds comfortable,with toilet/shower facilities. It's steep stairs to the rooms so not for disabled/elderly. Very happy with our stay,would certainly recommend.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

A third visit to the Queens for food (downstairs, not Indian). Our group had a mixture of dishes all of which were good quality and well presented.
Two of us had fish & chips. The fish were huge as cooked to perfection. On top of that, real ale to help it down!

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Return visit, lovely lunch good quality beef,nice roasties and Yorkshire pudding and lovely gravy what more do you need, will definitely return

Reviewed 21 October 2018

I hadn't chosen to stay at The Queens Arms. The hotel I had booked in Glossop had closed down and I was redirected here by one of the workmen. Although the room was spotlessly clean and much more luxurious than I ever expected, there were one or two rather unsettling things. The first was that although I had paid immediately on checking in with my credit card I was still asked to fill in a form stating my credit card number and the 3 numbers on the back. I found this highly irregular and was told that it was "policy". It is the only hotel I have ever stayed at in my life where this practice exists. I asked what became of the form and was told it was kept on record. For what? The second thing I found alarming but perhaps there is a simple explanation, was that my room key was used to unlock the door at the top of the stairs leading to the corridor where all the rooms were. This to my mind would indicate that there is only one key to open all the rooms.
My very comfortable room with tea, coffee, chocolate, biscuits and posh bottled water, was spoilt by the fact that at midnight there was the noise of the restaurant staff going home and at 5 in the morning there was the noise of the staff coming to work. Apart from all that the food in the pub was good, the breakfast excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful although they kept having to refer to someone on the end of a phone for help.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018

In the bar at The Queens Arms there are 7 real ales (all perfectly kept and poured) with a huge range of other beers, lagers, wines and spirits all at a very reasonable price. The traditional pub food is very tasty and from a good varied menu. All meat is from a local butcher and is of high quality.

Staff are very good, helpful and cheery.

Date of visit: October 2018