“Great little place to grad a quick bite”
Review of Dukes

Dukes
Ranked #8 of 89 Restaurants in Glossop
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: Glossop's newest family run coffee shop serving Union Hand Roasted Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cold drinks, breakfast items, sandwiches, soup, toasties, Panini and a wide range of other hot and cold homemade food, as well as a range of snacks and treats. Our chefs regularly introduce new exciting specials - check our Facebook and twitter accounts or come in to see. All food is made fresh to order. We offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten free products and can cater to specific dietary needs. If there's something you'd like and it's not on the menu - ask us! We're here to serve you. Either sit in or take away! Not only do we serve the best coffee in Glossop, but you don't have to break the bank drinking it. Please don't take out word for it and come and try it yourself. Note: some reviews mention that the toilet is outdoors - after an unfortunate unseen delay, we now have the indoor loo open!
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The service and atmosphere are great as it the food. I move the CD case menu and all the art on the walls. The burger was also very tasty! The home made cakes are also not to be missed.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice we had two Capuchino Coffee's and the Crunchy Tuna and Cheese and onion toastie, both came with salad and dressing. Very nice and tasty. Would recommend and re visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

One of the few places one can get a decent decaf. I checked that it was decaf as it tasted too good! Proper barista and proper beans make it a place I'd go back to. The only seat option left was hard on my skinny bum tbh but wouldn't put me off. This is partly why it is a 4 star alongside the loo situation. While it is clean, it is outside and so is cold and basic. Don't let it out you off though just be aware beforehand. That's the beauty of reviews!

May well try some lunch when I return as the menu looked interesting.

1  Thank hawkyh73
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice place with nice food and the cakes and coffee are tasty, stayed for quite a while as so comfortable

2  Thank Chris L
Elliott D, Public Relations Manager at Dukes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your review. Is there anything we could have done better to make your review 5*?

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I was hunting for a nice place for breakfast in Glossop, as we were dropping off a DofE team for their practice Gold expedition....and I was intrigued by a recent review (in a hint of Goldilocks-style) telling me that Dukes was "okay".

Okay?

Just Okay?

Okay screamed "O.K. Corral" to me.....would there be a gunfight? Pistols at dawn?

I was intrigued to find whether my coffee would be too hot, or too cold.....disappointment brewed, when instead it was just right. So "just right", it is safe to say that is the finest coffee I can remember drinking in a long time.....

So to the menu....I have to admit, I rather like a bit of "slightly bizarre", and the fact they were in CD cases was a great start.....I chose the oddest thing I could see, a stack of black pudding and bacon with no bread products, that should do it....& yes, it hit the spot, not too bland and not too unusual, in fact quite delicious!
For those less keen to go "down the rabbit hole", there were some more staple items available…..although I am pretty sure there were no staples.

Having identified myself as someone who was looking for a chair that wasn't too soft and wasn't too hard, the lovely hostess realised the game was up, and pointed at Karl as the culprit of the response.
I had to say I admired the banter, and hence promised my own review. Not necessarily the literary masterpiece I anticipated, but after 3 days romping around the Dark Peak, making sure the team was safe (& sampling several coffees and maybe an ale or two along the way), my creative mind is perhaps a little jaded….

....but I can confirm without shadow of doubt this was THE finest coffee all weekend by a long shot….
wait! did someone say "shot"? here we are, back at the O.K.Corral......

In short: don't come here for a dull tasteless cuppa or average grub, or if you hate free wifi, or indeed if you might be freaked out by ceramic bugs on the wall……
...but DO come for a lovely snack and some rather fine artwork: it was a proper treat to the start of our weekend of supervising, & I look forward to returning in the future!

6  Thank MikeIOW1