“Nice bar and good service”
Review of The Oakwood

The Oakwood
Ranked #24 of 89 Restaurants in Glossop
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Went in this bar yesterday afternoon and was impressed by the ambience and feel of the place. Great range of real ales and wines served by friendly helpful staff. They have a wonderful outside seating area too!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Was in here last night waiting to order two halves which the staff were aware of, however they (All 3 barstaff) continued to knock up the large order of cocktails and wouldn't break off. After 20 minutes of losing the will to live we left and went to Vicky Lounge. Hopeless

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Popped in for a quick drink after a meal but ended up staying all night watching live music in the back room. Great selection of beers on offer as well as plenty of cocktails if you fancy them

1  Thank dirtybubble
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We came here for a cheesecake after a curry. The room on the left was closed as there was a band but we managed to perch on the end of another groups table at the bar.
I was excited as they served my fave drink a White Russian and they served Trooper! We got a pint of the Halowed however it was a flop, tasted slightly off and flat. All I could taste in my White Russian was a bit of vodka but no other flavour :(

Cheesecake was nice enough but nothing to shout about considering thats one of its main dishes! You could choose 3 toppings but for the cost I'm surprised you dont get a bigger slice!

All in all, its a nice enough place to drop in for one (staff were lovely) but not as exciting or tasty as I hoped.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We just dropped in for a quick lunch as travelling through.
Nachos to share was big and tasty.
It could have been warmer, as could the place itself.
Staff seemed friendly.