“Superb”

Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Glossop
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Derbyshire Life Magazine voted us the best Tea Room in Derbyshire Last year. We are open from noon until 5pm Wednesday and Thursday and noon till 10pm Friday and Saturday and noon till 6pm Sunday.
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Having had a lot of disappointing meals at numerous places recently it was with some trepidation that we tried this restaurant.

My only regret now is that we haven’t found it sooner.

From the response to our booking call, the welcome when we arrived through to the overall friendliness and atmosphere this was top notch.

The reason for going in the first place - the food - was just fantastic.

My pork fillet was so tender and the sauce was sensational.

Normally we are too full for a dessert but the rest of the meal was so good we decided to give it a go.

We shared a peach tarte tatin and a banana and toffee meringue. Wow, just wow. The tarte was light and full of flavour. The meringue a mixture of crisp and mallow with a gorgeous toffee sauce. Perfect.

We can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Having lived in the Glossop area for 50 years, I thought I knew all the interesting and quality dining establishments to take friends and relatives.
What a pleasant surprise, I was introduced to Woodlands Restaurant as part of an anniversary present. I encountered a excellent establishment, had a memorable meal; menu was varied well balanced the resultant choice of dishes cooked to perfection. Value for money was pleasantly excellent
My only regret, how come I had not known of this establishment till now?. I now need to make a number of regular visits to enable me to I catch up on meals I have missed - do I really need to have special occasions? Nah bring it on.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

You can’t beat alfresco dining in sunny Blighty at our restaurant of choice. The setting food and service was excellent. We are so lucky that we have this hidden gem on our doorstep.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Thank you once again to the staff at Woodlands. You made our evening celebrating our Sapphire wedding anniversary so Special. Food as usual was SUPERB. Views to die for, fabulous cocktails. What can we say. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you pay a visit if you haven't been before, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank annsturmey
Woodlandstearoom, Owner at Woodlands Restaurant and Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us such a lovely review and so soon! Can I take the opportunity to wish you a happy anniversary as I wasn't there personally. The staff are over the moon with your very kind comments and we are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We had never been to this restaurant but we will certainly be visiting it again. The country views and dining room ambience are delightful, the dinner really excellent, and the service very welcoming and generous. Two of our friends were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, and at the end of the meal we were brought warm Bakewell tart with an amazing indoor firework! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Helen C