“Lovely people, fabulous cake!”

Woodlands Restaurant and Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Glossop
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Derbyshire Life Magazine voted us the best Tea Room in Derbyshire Last year. We are open from noon until 5pm Wednesday and Thursday and noon till 10pm Friday and Saturday and noon till 6pm Sunday.
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We decided to stay here for one night over the May bank holiday weekend after reading the excellent reviews on another site. We choose this place mainly because the reviews of the food stood out to us.

We were not disappointed. Complementary cake on arrival (Bakewell slice - baked to perfection) and breakfast, which was delicious.

The owners were lovely - extremely welcoming and were happy to accomodate extra items we needed.

Very happy with our experience. Would definitely return again. :)

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Absolutely perfect Afternoon Tea. Delicious sandwiches with good choice of fillings and lovely fresh bread. I particularly enjoyed the poached salmon sandwiches. Lovely cream scones and gorgeous little cakes. Everything is baked freshly each day and you can really taste the difference. A relaxing pleasant atmosphere and very nice helpful staff. A little gem tucked away in Charlesworth. I couldn't fault it.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We go the Woodlands regularly, so we decided take all our family for lunch.
Eighteen of us very comfortably seated on three tables in the new Orangery which has superb views of Derbyshire hills, the food as usual was first class, Judy Brian and staff as usual looked after us superbly.
I would certainly recommend this
delightful place for small celebrations, we all had a lovely
Day.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I popped in unexpectedly - after a dog walk actually. Needed the loo so decided to have a quick sandwich. Sat outside on a very windy day as I had the dog with me. Only ordered food as I only had ten pounds on me. A very nice ham sandwich and fries. The owner brought me a cafetiere of coffee on the house as she knew I only had ten pounds. She then even brought me a warm slice of bakewell tart! I had never been there before but will certainly be going again (not for freebies I hasten to add). That kind gesture will go a long way as I am now telling you all about it. Plus, I will be returning for a "proper" lunch. Lovely lovely people.

7  Thank thedinnerservice
Reviewed 28 March 2017

I visited here with a party of ladies to celebrate a friend's 'special' birthday.

Lovely selection of tasty sandwiches and attractively presented cakes, scones were served with butter, jam and clotted cream. The chocolate brownies were the best I've had - ever! then there was more to come in the form of dessert, lemon possets served in dainty glasses.

Tea and coffee pots refilled a couple of times.

Staff welcoming, helpful and friendly.

2  Thank Mazza-Mru
Woodlandstearoom, General Manager at Woodlands Restaurant and Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience here at the Woodlands. We are so pleased you enjoyed your afternoon with us and it makes it all worth while when we receive such lovely feedback. Hoping very much to see you all again soon.