Review Highlights
Morocco Jebel Toubkal

This was a fantastic, well planned and structured trip. We spent five days on a challenging... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sue S
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Top quality instruction

Excellent self rescue course back in April. Very knowledgable, patient instructor. Would strongly... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
James O

All reviews paul lewis navigation skills rock climbing self rescue outdoor climbing atlas mountains lead climb many thanks great instructor safe hands fort william area an emergency these guys learning how learnt loads weather conditions small group
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Peak Mountaineering have always delivered quality and this was no exception - an excellent bespoke course organised at short notice by Paul & Cal.
It's one thing being a good climber, it's quite another teaching it. This was great coaching from Paul & Rich, challenging & fun I came away with a much improved awareness of my climbing movement and directions for further improvement. A pause in the coaching to do the excellent Epsolon Central was icing on the cake.

2  Thank theseshoeshurt
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Our children (12 and 10) had done lots of climbing on indoor walls but I felt it was time for them to experience the real thing. I Googled 'climbing in Peak District' and this company stood out due to their excellent reviews. Not being sure what exactly to book, I contacted Paul for advice and we booked an instructor for a day to climb, abseil and teach us some basic navigation skills. Other activities, such as 'weaselling' were also available. I also spoke to Caz a couple of times on the phone about kit and she was extremely friendly and helpful and sorted out climbing shoes for us all. We were met on the day by our instructor Charlie who was fantastic. He managed to inspire total trust from all four of us and we spent an exceptionally sunny April morning climbing and abseiling on the glorious Burbage Edge. The routes were varied and challenging (my husband had never climbed before) and Charlie also taught us how to attach ourselves to the rope and how to belay and abseil. We then spent a couple of hours learning how to navigate and learnt so much. The day was exactly what we had hoped for and we will definitely be booking again.

2  Thank Patemans
Reviewed 24 April 2018

The Hollowford Centre was a great location and we were made to feel very welcome. I got a huge amount out of the course - far more than I have ever got from a first aid course in the past. The trainers were excellent. Doing a first aid course can be quite stressful as you don’t want to get anything wrong and you know how important doing the right thing is but The trainers couldn’t have been more supportive and helpful. They gave us loads of practice opportunities and some challenging scenarios to work through to help reinforce the practical aspects of first aid.

2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The Outdoor First Aid course was a brilliant course! I really enjoyed it, and it was very informative. I learned lots, and feel more confident as a result of attending. I would highly recommend this.

2  Thank tfhulley
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I have just completed the 2 day Outdoor First Aid course with Paul Lewis at Peak Mountaineering.It was very informative and everything I needed for my work. Paul was a great teacher, very clear in his explanations so easy to follow, understand and remember; he was also patient, and fun, I will definitely be booking to renew my qualification in 3 years time!

2  Thank JennyW3473