“ML Course - May 2018”

Peak Mountaineering Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Castleton
More attraction details
Owner description: Peak Mountaineering is a specialist provider of mountain activities based in the heart of the Peak District National Park. We offer climbing, navigation, hillwalking, scrambling, expeditions and national governing body qualifications to everyone from families to adults. We are also ITC first aid trainers and we can manage all your personal or professional first aid training requirements. Join us in the Peak District for a great adventure and a very warm welcome.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

A great course which helped me get on the right track to preparing me for my mountain leader award which I would hope to take in the coming months. Paul and his team helped me throughout the course and offered lots of great information and just general friendly chit chat so it wasn't all serious.

1  Thank JamesGrantPhoto
"learnt loads"
"weather conditions"
"small group"

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Peak Mountaineering have always delivered quality and this was no exception - an excellent bespoke course organised at short notice by Paul & Cal.
It's one thing being a good climber, it's quite another teaching it. This was great coaching from Paul & Rich, challenging & fun I came away with a much improved awareness of my climbing movement and directions for further improvement. A pause in the coaching to do the excellent Epsolon Central was icing on the cake.

2  Thank theseshoeshurt
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Our children (12 and 10) had done lots of climbing on indoor walls but I felt it was time for them to experience the real thing. I Googled 'climbing in Peak District' and this company stood out due to their excellent reviews. Not being sure what exactly to book, I contacted Paul for advice and we booked an instructor for a day to climb, abseil and teach us some basic navigation skills. Other activities, such as 'weaselling' were also available. I also spoke to Caz a couple of times on the phone about kit and she was extremely friendly and helpful and sorted out climbing shoes for us all. We were met on the day by our instructor Charlie who was fantastic. He managed to inspire total trust from all four of us and we spent an exceptionally sunny April morning climbing and abseiling on the glorious Burbage Edge. The routes were varied and challenging (my husband had never climbed before) and Charlie also taught us how to attach ourselves to the rope and how to belay and abseil. We then spent a couple of hours learning how to navigate and learnt so much. The day was exactly what we had hoped for and we will definitely be booking again.

2  Thank Patemans
Reviewed 24 April 2018

The Hollowford Centre was a great location and we were made to feel very welcome. I got a huge amount out of the course - far more than I have ever got from a first aid course in the past. The trainers were excellent. Doing a first aid course can be quite stressful as you don’t want to get anything wrong and you know how important doing the right thing is but The trainers couldn’t have been more supportive and helpful. They gave us loads of practice opportunities and some challenging scenarios to work through to help reinforce the practical aspects of first aid.

2  Thank Chris K