See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

First class Sunday lunch, hot and very tasty, great service and atmosphere, highly recommend, plenty of car parking spaces, great rooms. Castle Donington best kept secret. Could do with some background music.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2016

We paid £75 for a one night stay in an 'executive' double but failed to see what was executive about it. The room was very cold when we arrived and the radiator wouldn't come on. There was a small electric convection heater but this took an age to warm the room up. The bathroom wasn't very executive either. The toilet seat lid wouldn't stay up and the shower was more of a drip. Breakfast was OK providing you like a full English, as there wasn't any other option. We were charged a 2% fee for paying by credit card without being given the option of an alternative payment method (there is a cash till 2 mins walk away). On the plus side there is a good sized car park and the bed was very comfortable meaning we had a good nights sleep. But we won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

My husband recently stayed on business for over a week & I went up to stay over the weekend. What a fab little find. Very homely & spotlessly clean. Room was immaculate & serviced constantly. Although I didnt eat there as it was a quick trip my husband assured me the food was excellent. The owners are welcoming & friendly. Good parking. Very well priced for Castle Donnington & literally 2 mins from Race Course. I hope to have a chance to pop back in the future. Very much home from home and I'll guarantee you'll love your stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

During last two month, I really have enjoyed long term stays at Church View Hotel.

I have no doubt to recommend this place at the best option to stay at Castle Donington: rooms are very comfortable and quiet, food is excellent and the staff is nice.

Thanks to Maureen, Keith and the rest of staff.

Last but not least, you will enjoy with Lucy, the ultra smart dog, always ready for fun.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I booked at the last minute and was given room 12. This is a double on the ground floor next to the main entrance door and also made for disabled access. Nice room but not very quite and not easy to take a shower with all the apparatus around for a less able person. The dinner I had was excellent and and breakfast also. Plenty of parking but mobile signal very poor, not the hotels fault, just mentioning it. A very pleasant hotel in a very nice town.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business