“Food good but a little slow”
Review of Jack Rabbits

Jack Rabbits
Ranked #30 of 101 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: We make honest food using high quality local and seasonal produce. On the Jack Rabbits menu everything is made fresh to order. We pride ourselves on baking our own bread, cakes and biscuits. Our team of chefs bake all bread and cakes in house. We offer a seasonally changing menu, which includes hand roasted coffee, fabulous brunches & lunches with global twists, homemade cakes, a small well chosen wine list and craft beers. Ashbourne cafe Jack Rabbits is a stylish and individual purpose built cafe which forms part of the renovation of the historic Greenman Coaching Inn.
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

No complaints about the food as there was a variety available. My order was slightly wrong but I let it go. By and large the offering was nice but we were there only for breakfast and only really sampled those types of dishes. The chai latte was good. The service was friendly but slightly laboured and slow. Certainly a nice place to visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We love the food served here but on our last couple of visits (the last one on the 25th August), the service was very very slow......
We waited at least 20 minutes for our order to be taken. I asked the manager if they were short staffed, he said ‘no’ just busy, he said ‘if anything we’re almost over staffed’!! It then took at least another 10 minutes for our drinks to arrive , let alone food (which we don’t mind waiting for as at least it’s freshly prepared). From an onlookers point of view staff organisation is somewhat lacking, some clear direction is needed. It’s not like it’s cheap here so service should be a priority.
Until then, just don’t expect efficient service here especially at weekends.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Jack Rabbits is my no.1 place to go in Ashbourne without a doubt. The food is delicious and freshly prepared, the coffee in my opinion is the best in town, the staff are great, hard working and friendly, the atmosphere is bright and enthusiastic. I recommend it to everyone I can!

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Was delighted to see Jack Rabbits had moved to Ashbourne, I’d always wanted to go when it was in Derby but never got chance.
Just had a tea and a cappuccino. Popped inside to look at the cake to be told by friendly staff that they’d pop out to take the order. A waitress was out swiftly and we ordered the brownie to share.
My husband said the coffee was great, my tea was fine, nice pot etc (tea is generally just tea).
The brownie however was insane. It was gluten free so I thought it might be dry but it was amazing. So moist it was like a truffle! So so good!
Defo be back.

1  Thank Emma T
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely hidden gem in Ashbourne.
Affordable, delicious lunch.
Clean inside, a number of seats outside.

The coffee is lovely too!

Spent a good 3 hours here and not rushed to move on. All the staff friendly and very helpful.

Will visit again!