“My home from home”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Under Skiddaw
Moffat
“My home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2007

This is a wonderful hotel with fantastic food and oh, such marvellous views. I stay here three or four times a year, and its always a great pleasure to return. From my first ever stay in 2001, the staff have always been friendly and welcoming. On my ast visit in June 2007, even though it rained all week, it was wonderful to sit in the Lounge Bay Window and look out at the changing moods outside, read my book, enjoy their food, or relax in the jaccuzzi and sauna. A family-run hotel that is all one could ask. Here's to my next stay in October ... and I've asked Alfredo to order good weather for me!!

• Liked — The friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing - it's all great!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank Marilyn E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
gateshead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2007

I took my wife for a quite romantic weekend and stayed in the garden room, it was a lovely room and outside the door on the patio give the most breathtaking views this was a truly fantastic weekend thanks to staffs friendliness ,the room and the fantastic view .I would highly recomend this place if you just want a quiet uninterupted break.

• Liked — warm atmosphere
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mrtGateshead
Liverpool, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2007

We have stayed in many hotels / B&Bs in The Lakes, however, The Lyzzick Hall Hotel is up there with the best.

We stayed for a weekend break, and took our 2yo daughter with us.

The staff could not have been more helpful, especially at dinner time. My daugher is a fussy eater to say the least, and the kitchen were able to prepare anything we requested (in hotels / restaurants you are generally restricted to chips and .....).

Having taken a swim before her bedtime she was able to sleep in her comfoirtable single bead until the following morning, which enabled us to utliie the baby sitting service.

The dinner menu had a Spanish influence owing to the fact that the hotel is owned by a Spanish family.

The choice was varied, and the standard of food high. My wife and I are "foodies" and we both agreed that the filet steak was possibly the best we had ever tasted (I believe the meat was supplied by the local Kesick butcher).

The breakfast was OK, but nothing special.

The staff were vety attentive and ensured that we had a relaxing stay. We will ceratinly be back again in the future.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank WilloLiverpool
dundee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2007

My Partner and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Lyzzick hall Hotel and found it to be lovely. we are both in our 30's and whilst most other guests were much older than us, we had a nice,peaceful, relaxing stay.
The hotel itself was nice. It has beautiful views from the garden and we were lucky enough to have great weather to enjoy them fully.
Our room was ok, quite old fashioned and bed a bit uncomfortable but a lovely modern bathroom. We werent in the room alot so it was fine for what we needed.
The food was amazing and the service excellent, cant be faulted, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and completely make the place. The food was so good that by the time we left we were just wanting something plain to eat!!
Keswick was about a mile away and a lovely pleasent little town with plenty to do.
All in all a nice stay but recommended for older couples or people who want a very quiet break and good food.

• Liked — friendly staff and food
  • Disliked — the uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janetsteps
Watford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2007

I have stayed at Lyzzick Hall many times and would simply not stay anywhere else in the Lakes. The hotel is so comfortable and all the friendly staff go out of their way to make you welcome and to ensure that you enjoy your stay. The food in the restaurant is superb with a great wine list to match.

The location just outside Keswick is gorgeous with a beautiful view across the valley. After a day's fellwalking or exploring the Lakes, the hotel's pool, sauna and jacuzzi provide a great place to relax.

• Liked — Location, comfort and friendliness of all staff; great food!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
3.4 km away
The Keswick Country House Hotel
31.8 km away
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Lyzzick Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!