“My Experience”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2015

Food generally was fine although they need to cook potatoes a little better. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Limited menu and meagre low quality portions. Cumberland sausage particularly small and uninspiring with some very bland peas and carrots. Ham looked like it had come from a tin. Chips were good, but overall, avoid

Reviewed 20 February 2015

Didn't eat but the food appeared tremendous value for some of the dishes. The beer was good but not much choice of traditional hand pulled ales. Friendly atmosphere & good fire.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

We ate here two evenings ago. The food was delicious pub food, which is what you'd expect. I had the lamb which was so tender it fell apart on the fork. My pudding, jam rolypoly, was also yummy. They had a wood stove burning, it was not too busy, so you could hear yourself speak, our dog was welcomed and the price was very reasonable. Highly recommend this pub.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

over the last two years I have eaten here five times,i have never had the £5 menu but only the specials.the photos on here are definitely not what you get.the portions are ridiculously small but I have persevered assuming I have just been unlucky.
last night two of us ordered the lamb rump,when they arrived I was speechless,i kicked myself for not having my phone to take a photo to put on here.we both had a very small portion of mash with 3 tiny pieces of carrot but a large spoon of frozen peas which had been spread out to cover some of the plate.on top of the mash was the lamb,this was unbelievable,it was about half size of a chickens egg and looked ridiculous,when I cut into it,it was totally overdone and dried out.even if the meal was cooked ok there wasn't enough to make a sandwich.
I think between us we have tried all the specials and would suggest asking for all of them at once to make a proper meal,i am unsure as to the good food reviews on here and assume them to be family and friends.i may still call in for a pint now and again but the food is definitely a no no .
if you read the reviews a bit closer it appears that out of seven restaurants in stavely the duke William is sixth !!!!!!!! I will confine my dining to the much superior eagle and child in future !!!!!

1  Thank trevor l