1,336 results
All reviewscoach partiesred squirrelscoach tripbath housebuffet breakfasthotel groundsevening meallake districtsingle track roadinteresting historythe main hotellarge hotelbar menuoff the beaten trackremote locationduty managertea and coffee
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in a Best Western Hotel I don't think I will be going for the hat trick. The Hotel itself is in a lovely setting. Stayed because we were taking part in the Total Warrior as were most of the guests. 1 person on the bar at peak times was a joke,the hotel must of known they were going to be busy !!! Gentleman on reception had a very severe case of BA (bad attitude). Asked if i could have the radiator on after the event to dry wet clothes (you would have thought I had asked for the room for free ) Room had no blind up to the bathroom & the radiator was definitely not working in our room. I think maybe some of the staff need a lesson in how to speak to guests ! After all if there was no guests there would be no guests !!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Purdeypleased
julian p, Guest Relations Manager at Shap Wells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I have investigated your comments and with this opportnity with the right to reply to your feedback I must say maybe some of our guests need lessons in how to speak to staff.
The Hotel receives lots of compliments about our staff this site alone has published many reviews highlighting how pleasant and helpful the staff are at the Hotel.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I've stopped at this hotel a couple of times and have always been impressed with the location: peaceful and remote.
I stopped in the Old Bath House annex and the room was excellent, very well laid out and reasonably clean (I'm a bit OCD on cleaning so it would probably suffice).
I enjoyed a good value buffet for dinner, which at £16 for three courses left me stuffed. Breakfast was also good but not quite ready for the 0730 start.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They make the place even better, you could not get that level of politeness and friendly assistance in a lot of allegedly high star rated London hotels. Thank-you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Banger1979
julian p, Guest Relations Manager at Shap Wells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. This weekend the Hotel looked after many guests attending the Total Warrior Event in Shap and hence the reason for us to offer a reasonably priced Buffet Dinner to guests only booked on a Bed and Breakfast basis.
We hope to see you again next year if you are staying in the area.

Regards.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just arrived back from The Lake District after a great five day coach trip with GB Tours.
Wonderful Hotel with great staff, really good selection of food and as much as you wanted
served by helpful and friendly folk. The rooms were very clean and quiet, a ideal place to
stay for a peaceful break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian Leslie B

Thank you for putting your feedback on TripAdvisor I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
GB Tours have used the Hotel for a number of years and we always receive very postive comments from their clients.
Once again thank you for your excellent review.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My friend and I plus 33 other guests spent 4nights in this delightful faraway Hotel near Shap in Cumbria.It was very good from start to finish!Beds Food overall a great place to relax and enjoy! We were on holiday with GB TOURS from the Wirral

Room Tip: No complaint as far as im aware
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
julian p, Guest Relations Manager at Shap Wells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your excellent review after spending your Holiday with us I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Regards.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Decided to have an overnight stop on our way to the Lakes to make the most of our time up there. Hotel is set in the middle of nowhere, wonderful for a away from it all break. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Ate in the bar on the evening we arrived and were not disappointed. Breakfast was very basic and could possibly be improved, but cooked well. The red squirrels were a great surprise to see being so at home in the hotel grounds. Would certainly consider going back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
julian p, Guest Relations Manager at Shap Wells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your excellent review after your overnight night stopover on your way to the Lakes.
We hope we have the opportunity to look after you again on your next visit to the area.