1,024 results
All reviews music room afternoon tea cream tea course meal jacuzzi bath wedding venue scones coach house garden suite beautiful hotel wedding breakfast pine room exclusive use on arrival groupon deal spruce room four poster bed
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Well upon falling upon Broadoaks after my Aunty shared a link on Facebook I booked an impromptu meeting with a wedding coordinator while my husband to be was still working away. On his return I informed him we were to take a trip to the Lakes to look at a venue. Him being of the obliging type agreed. So off we went on our little day trip, as we drove onto the driveway we were blown away. We look at eachother with big grins on our faces. After our meeting with the lovely Jo we came away thinking this was too good to be true. We were given available dates for 2018 and went away to ponder... Well it was all too long of a wait so decided to book it for 28 December 2017 (our 2 year anniversary), it just seem right. We were guided all the way by Jo who is brilliant and then we were assigned Vicki to be our co-ordinator on the day.

Well quite simply the wedding was more than we had dreamed of. All the staff were amazing. Our guests had nothing but high praise for everyone. We had the most amazing day and night and can honestly say it was the best day of our lives.

The wonderful Vicki and then Dan the Events manager were just brilliant. Taking care of everything.

I really can't praise the whole team enough.

Beautiful Venue, stunning views, brilliant staff.

Room Tip: Boudoir is a stunning room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manchester_Chic
Broadoaks, Public Relations Manager at Broadoaks Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

You are so welcome, our complete and utter pleasure!

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have just come back from a romantic nights stay with afternoon tea and dinner. The venue is set in a beautiful location right on the edge of Troutbeck. The grounds are we maintained and the hotel has that familiar country house style that many of the places it the Lake District have. Afternoon tea was lovely. The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable which brings me to one of the slight niggles that we experienced. The staff at dinner time were almost too attentive, to the point where we felt a bit rushed! We had barely put our knife and fork down after the starter when our main course appeared. The same was true of desert, so much so my wife asked them to give us ten minutes to let our dinner go down. They didn’t and asked us about 30 seconds later if we were ready again. The food was a good standard but I personally felt it lacked a little bit of finesse. It was also a little under seasoned for my taste but that’s just personal preference. That said it was fine dining just not the very best it could be. The rooms were tasteful but a little bit dated in parts. But again that might just have been our room (Wallnut) it was also a bit noisy in the morning due to its close proximity to the kitchen. All in all I would definitely recommend it as it wasn’t the most expensive place we could have stayed in but it was of a very high standard.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and rating Broadoaks as being of a very high standard. We pride ourselves on great seasonal and locally-sourced ingredients that are well-cooked and beautifully presented. We will always do our best to give diners a break between courses if asked, we are sorry if that didn't happen and we'll do a refresh with staff. Most of the guest rooms have been refurbished recently - and of course most have older, traditional pieces of furniture that compliment the age and style of the house. It is an old house and some areas - the music room was designed by William Morris for example - have been kept as they were originally conceived to add to the charm of the house.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place in a great setting just being there was good. If you want a treat try this place room, food, service, ambiance all above my expectations. In winter if you want somewhere really special try this, drinks and a log fire in your room at the end of the night just lovely. It great for all season just book we were treated like royalty if I can we will go back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WMack01
Broadoaks, Public Relations Manager at Broadoaks Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Love your review, thank you so much! It was our absolute pleasure to look after you and we look forward to seeing you again soon. :0)

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Broadoaks County House for a family wedding, unfortunately the hotel was very busy with a wedding the night before so rooms where not available until mid afternoon, however we where given access to a room in order to change for the wedding when one became available.

The hotel rooms are fantastic, we had a large room which was very clean and tidy.

I had requested a vegan meal as part of the wedding breakfast and I must say it was very good.

Drinks where quite expensive but you kind of expect that in the location - needless to say we spent a LOT of money at the bar on the Saturday.

Breakfast on Sunday was a disappointment as we missed it. We hadn’t been told of the serving time upon check in and since we had a very late night, hadn’t seen the serving time on the information sheet was 8:30am-9:30am on a Sunday!

We knew checkout was 11am and usually breakfasts served in hotels I stay at every week of the year are usually provided within an hour of checkout. We made it down for 945am and where told breakfast was over, however the waitress asked if Chef would cook anything and was told no, hence our breakfast - which was paid for - consisted of leftover fruit, and toast made by the waitresses. I can’t fault the serving staff they kept the toast coming.

In summary, a nice hotel/location BUT if you’re looking for a relaxing start on a Sunday with latish breakfast, especially after a late night event, and spending a lot at the hotel bar,
I’d book elsewhere or set your alarm clock early to meet the strict breakfast time slot.

I would have rated 3.5 but can’t on the app

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Perceptol
Broadoaks, Public Relations Manager at Broadoaks Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, so glad you enjoyed the wedding and your specially prepared vegan meal. We're sorry you missed breakfast and of course staff will always do their best to help. The fruit you were served was the fresh fruit available at breakfast. Guests are advised of breakfast times and of course dining times and other information are also displayed in the rooms as well as in booking confirmation information. Because we serve afternoon teas and lunches we have to thoroughly clean down the kitchen in order to begin preparations, cooking and service as we cook fresh, from scratch. Of course we also offer room service breakfast and a late check out option which are similarly advertised in guest information. So a later start and a leisurely breakfast are available. Our rooms are available for check in from 3pm as standard but we always go out of our way to ensure we help, especially when there's a wedding on, hence making a room available earlier.

We have never had a complaint about our breakfast times - as most people want to get out and about to enjoy the beautiful area - or order breakfast in bed if they're opting for a later start to their day.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We booked a Christmas break after finding the hotel on line. It is situated in a beautiful spot and delivered everything we expected. There is always the danger of being disappointed but I am pleased to say that this was definitely not the case. The hotel runs smoothly and makes each guest feel really comfortable and welcome. Our room was gorgeous and we tried out the jacuzzi bath. What fun. The food was consistently excellent and plentiful. The welcome afternoon tea when we arrived was sumptuous and all the meals maintained the high standard. We had a lot of fun and ending boxing day with dancing was brilliant. Thanks to the cheerful and efficient staff we wanted for nothing. We will be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Broadoaks, Public Relations Manager at Broadoaks Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

We're so glad you had a lovely time, thanks for the review and looking after you was our great pleasure!