“Lovely hotel, good food, nice staff, would stay again”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Troutbeck
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Reopening in April 2017 after a £2 million refurbishment, The Queens Head Hotel is Located 4 miles from Ambleside and Windermere and nestled on the side of the fells which overlook the Troutbeck Valley. The new Queens Head will feature a large drinking area with cosy dining areas and 10 newly-refurbished en-suite guest bedrooms providing the perfect base for guests to Cumbria and, of course, their four legged companions. Renowned for serving some of the finest food in the area, The Queens Head’s new menu will highlight a mixture of homely classic pub food with a Cumbrian flair. So, whether stopping by for a pint of one of Robinsons award-winning cask ales, enjoying some wholesome home-cooked food or staying the night, you are always guaranteed to receive a warm Lakeland welcome when visiting the Queens Head.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Stayed for one night in December. We had three rooms and all were beautiful. Nice lighting, very comfortable, spacious. Dinner was nice pub food, very well priced, and breakfast had a range of options and was delicious. The staff were great; we couldn't fault the service. Would stay again.

Samantha R, General Manager at The Queens Head, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for posting such a great review for our team. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked the queens head for a weekend away for his 40th we were not disappointed. A beautiful location, away from the hustle and bustle but great if you want to visit surrounding areas such as Ambleside,Windermere and Ullswater.
Our room was clean, nicely laid out, plenty of space and a great view of the peaks and landscapes the area offers.
We really enjoyed the food and did not feel the food or drinks were over priced for the quality and quantity.
The staff were so accommodating and friendly and our waiter Mike was always on hand, professional and polite.
The dining area is located within the main bar and just along from the bar and is cosy with log burners and a friendly, chatty environment. It was great to see families, couples, and people with their pets enjoying themselves in a relaxed setting.
I was really impressed with the bed and breakfast prices and we had a wonderful stay at the queens head and will be sure to visit again in the future.
I rate this place 5 star for it's service, atmosphere, staff and accommodation.

Samantha R, General Manager at The Queens Head, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Thank you for taking time to post such a great review for us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This place is so nice after the fire. Food is great. Not cheap but we'll worth it. Staff are polite professional and friendly.

It's v cold if you sit near the windows and they stop serving food about 7 on a Sunday.

Thank you for taking time to post a review for our team. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We had planned a visit for several months for my husbands birthday.
When I looked at the menus available I saw the festival menu and thought it would be a nice options for our family.
I was told by the person who answered the phone that we couldn’t have it because we hadn’t preordered. There were five of us! I can understand for larger parties but for five people? The boy also told me that I should of had a confirmation phone call prior to us coming. I said I hadn’t receive one and he said well you should have as if that was my fault! He didn’t offer to check with the kitchen if it was possible for us to have the festive options, in fact he couldn’t care less. it is the attitude of the staff at what was a lovely pub restaurant prior to the fire that I have an issue with. We have waited a few years to be able to return and I was very disappointed by the staff members attitude.
My son seeing how upset I was decided to phone to speak to the manager. He was equally as upset by the lack of customer care. We decided to cancel and will be contacting Robinson’s to inform them.
I’m sure that we will receive a response along the lines that it says we should have pre ordered and that it stated it in their website but if we had of been treated better on the phone we would have still eaten there. Customers remember the service they receive!

Samantha R, General Manager at The Queens Head, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hello

Thank you for posting this feedback. I was not aware that you had this experience. I wonder if you can contact me direct via manager@queensheadtroutbeck.pub. I would like to see who it was who dealt with you on these occasions etc.

Kind regards
Samantha Robinson

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We had previously eaten here on a number of occasions before the fire that closed the restaurant for three years. This was our first visit since. We pre-booked our table which was just as well as the restaurant was fully booked and there was a steady trickle of disappointed groups turned away because they had not booked. I had the lamb shank which was tremendous! Our round trip was over 200 miles, but was well worth the effort and will certainly be repeated in the future.

2  Thank martin J

Thank you for taking time to post such lovely feedback for our team. We are so pleased you enjoyed your Sunday lunch and visit.

Hope to see you again soon